Sign in to follow this  

2001 Cr250 intake/jetting

I purchased a showroom condition 01 CR250 in March of 2011. It even had stock grips on it. It is clean and runs perfect. I ordered V-force reeds for it and cut off the ear things on the inside of the intake boot. A friend of mine who builds motors for a living decided to "port" the intake. He basically matched up the size of the rubber window to the size of the inlet on the new reeds. I put it all back together and it runs, but it idles high (like the choke is on). I feel like it needs to jetted but I don't know which direction to go. It has the stock jets in it still. I'm also toying with just buying a new intake boot and not having to worry about the jetting. But, the one I want to buy is from a 2000 CR250. What should I do?? Any help will be greatly appreciated. I just want to ride.....

try ro idle it down, the idle screw has a lock nut on it. Or try to turn the air screw in alittle. If you foul plugs you need to rejet or if your bike starts to idle fast after it is ran hard or your plug looks very lite brown to white. Not sure the 2000 boot is the same but you could look at the part numbers. It should work because the v force is the same.

00 boot is a little smaller than the 01 so fitting you tmx will be a challenge, i "ported" my intake-boot as well it is a little gain not much but every little thing adds up

to save myself from writing it all up again, you can search through some of my last few posts about jetting the mikuni on the 01.

I assume you replaced the Reed cage gasket when you put the reeds in?