Sign in to follow this  

one industries defcon gear

I literally just got done trying my new Defcon gear on that came this morning. I've been a Fox guy for the past 5 years but due to Fox's gear falling apart in 6 months I decided to make the switch. I wear 32 pants, L jersey, and Med/Lrg gloves (I can wear either). In the past I've ordered size 34 pants due to Fox stuff running small. I got the 34 Defcon pants and right off the bat I can tell there sizing seems to be closer as the 34's are just a little big but by the time I put on my hip pads they'll be perfect. I have long arms and in the past the Fox gear always leaves my wrist exposed but not with the One jersey it go's all the way down so that is definantly a plus. I also got med Drako gloves, Fox's med is generally a tad snug and the Lrg is a little loose, but the med Drakos fit perfect. I've always heard One's gear was really nice and although I haven't ridden with it yet after putting everything on including knee brace's and boots I can already tell it's more comfortable. We'll see what happens this weekend when I go riding.

I bought the defcon gear a couple weeks ago and love it. Every bit as good as any of the top fox fear I have owned over the last 10 years....

Full disclosure here: I work at One Industries, so you'll have to take my comments kinda as if I'm the fox guarding the henhouse.

I love Defcon Gear. Sine the late '90s, I've been sponsored by Axo, Thor, TLD and then NoFear, and the One product easily rates with the best in that bunch for fit and style.

We engineer some unconventional features into the product so it fits well, especially in the knee area and lower back area. The gear really moves with you.

Of course for looks, One has always been a style-conscious company. you either like our style or hate it, but it is definitely different.

The Carrera gear is actually called Carbon... Carrera refers to the color design. Carbon gear is a less-expensive high-end product. (One Industries does not make a "cheap" gear set.) Carbon is manufactured using the same materials and most of the same cuts, just with fewer panels and oftentimes fewer TPR (rubber) patches.

Anybody trying ONE for the first time will probably be stoked with it... and I think the comments above reflect that. Go for it!

I've had defcon gear for a year, and i love it. Could use more venting in the pants. The only beef i have with them is you gotta watch if you use spandex type riding shorts underneath, the big zipper can be a killer... you'll know what i mean when it happens.

How about the carbon gear? Is it good quality?

I have one set of Carbon gear and one set of Defcon and I love them both. The Carbon is good quality but the Defcon is better, of course.

I have tried Moose, One, Shift and Thor gear. The One stuff is my favourite so far. I haven't tried their Defcon stuff yet but the Carbon works really well. I ripped a jersey in a crash and burnt the knee out on a 4st header pipe but you can't blame the gear for that. I'm on a 2st now so I don't run as hot and I crash less too.

I just got a set of the Carbon. It's the most comfortable, and best fitting gear I've had yet. The only complaint I have about them is that I am currently running Thor Force knee guards which have way too much velcro and the mesh stuff that is inside the Carbon pant grabs that velcro like glue. It makes it a little bit of a chore to get them on and off, but other than that they are awesome.

I just got a set of the Carbon. It's the most comfortable, and best fitting gear I've had yet. The only complaint I have about them is that I am currently running Thor Force knee guards which have way too much velcro and the mesh stuff that is inside the Carbon pant grabs that velcro like glue. It makes it a little bit of a chore to get them on and off, but other than that they are awesome.

Exact same problem with me. Sometimes ill be to lazy to put the velcro where it should be and it leaves me all cut up. Thats my only problem with them, had them for a while now and still holding up! :lol:

The only beef i have with them is you gotta watch if you use spandex type riding shorts underneath, the big zipper can be a killer... you'll know what i mean when it happens.

I don't like the sound of that....

JayC