Sign in to follow this  

Beta ???

I just got into trials about a year and a half ago. I have enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would. Anyway,I had bought a 2000 Beta rev-3. It was a great starter bike. Well, the other day it died and would not restart; I had it checked out. They told me it was my stator and a new one was $400.. I started looking on the computer for some information on beta stators. The only place I found that would rebuild them was over seas, mainly Spain. Does any one know where I can get mine rebuilt or buy a new one in the US? I was also wanting to know if anyone knows the best place to buy other Beta parts.

I just bought me a 2004 Beta to finish out the year. It seems to be in great shape. I am looking for some sort of a owners or shop manual for it. I have a couple of questions about it. What is the fix for the pissing carburetor? And does anyone know the factory setting for the front forks and rear shock?

I appreciate any help I can get.

thanks Steve

You could try Dan at mossy rock trials. He sold me my Montesa and is a great guy. I'm pretty sure he mostly sells Betas now because nobody imports Montesas anymore or something. I don't know if he does parts or not though, but it's worth a try.

http://mossyrocktrials.com/ He might be able to help you out with the manual for it, too.

You could also look around for a company that rebuilds them. You could try http://www.rickystator.com/ Although I'm not sure if they do repairs or if they could do an "exotic" like a beta.

OR you could try looking on ebay.co.uk You'll have to pay to ship it over here, but trials is much more popular across the pond so parts can be cheaper.

If all else fails, I might be able to help you. Might. I rewound one of the coils on my YZ250 and got it working but I did loose some efficiency. I wouldn't be able to grantee anything but I could give it a shot as a last resort...

My friends that have had Stators or CDI's repaired on there Beta's have sent them here and always had good things to say about the place. Its probably the Stator, but they can test the CDI for you as well if you are unsure about it.

http://www.uk-motoplat.com/home.html

for more info - do a search on the trialscentral site in the Beta forum.

Good luck! :lol:

Thanks for the info..I will start to get ahold of some of these people after the big week end. ADVRider 808, I did find the manual site but all I found was the parts pages. That is nice so when I need parts I can give the part #. I would still like a manual. I hope to find a stator state side,but if not sounds like the UK is a good place.

Thanks Steve

As requested - Commo info:

RCS Racing

Rt #7

North Ferrisburg, VT 05473

Tel: (802) 425-2081

Tel: (802) 318-0357

FWIW: I have always been told the rewound ones are better and alot cheaper than new ones. Let us know what you find out.

Thanks laser17, I am going to try to get ahold of some of these people this week. It is going to be a crazy week at work.I am hopping to at least find out how to test the stator,what the ohms should be. One place said 460-480 then another said 1700 ohms.

I am hopping to go to the last New Mexico trials event this coming weekend. Maybe I can talk to some of those riders too. All of NM trials events are along ways from home, so I don't get to go to many of them. I just checked the forecast for next week end and it is going to be 29 d. for a hi.. That my not seem cold to you people that lives up north but it is cold here. There may not be a good turn out.

Stator coil specs = 292 ohms (Blue/Red), Trigger = 313 ohms (Black White)

The HT lead is around 4.5Kohms

9/10 - if you have no spark and its not the HT lead, - its the stator on a beta.

Sorry about the link to the manuals. I should have looked closer as I saw the model year and didn't associate it with the parts break-out.

If you can understand a little Italian, you might try:

http://www.trialssource.com/beta/REV3_250270/Rev3_250270.html

Actually, English version starts on page 48 or so.

Ken

Thanks for the information. I am going to send a note to the UK tonight. I was also able to download the english part of the shop manual. So I am making some progress. Mossy Rock Trials is getting me a price on a new stator. I need to send Rick Stator a picture of my old stator to see if he can repair it. I am going to call Commo tomorrow.

Just herd from Mossy Rock Trials, he said I had to by flywheel and stator. $400.

:lol:

Dang! and I thought the stator on my YZ was expensive! Well you should be able to get it rebuilt for a fraction of that.