Sign in to follow this  

yz250 engine problem

hi guys. just did my yz's bottom end (new conrod, small end and pin, and complete bottom end) only ridden it now for about 30 minutes max and it started to kinda feel asif the jets are blocked, or that dirty plug feeling. so i turn it off and when i turned the engine over it made a kinda clicking noise-which comes and goes almost. it has got good compression so i dont think its the rings. please just any thoughts on what it might be before i open her up again :lol:

Sounds like something was not put together correctly. Take off the exhaust, ignition cover and spark plug. Turn it over by hand and see if you can isolate the noise. Might benefit to pull the carb and reed block and look into the bottom end as you turn it over.

Might be the powervalve is assembled wrong and not opening. Ignition rotor and key may not be on correctly. That would cause noise and make it run crappy.

hey yeah i meant to close this thread before i got replies...anyway it turns out it was part of the magneto that was loose. the sound was the magnetic raised part on the flywheel hitting the magneto- which made it misfire too. thanks for the replies tho :lol: