Sign in to follow this  

Kibblewhite Spring Kits

I know their valves are a big no no for the drz, I've seen the pics and threads on here so Im sticking with Wiseco.

However are there any issues with the kibblewhite spring kits? Are they good replacements for the OEM stuff - anyone got a horror story regarding them>?

I've got a head which bent some valves in its past life, Im looking to replace all the valves, springs, guides .... (and what else???)

valve stem seals...

OEM of would they need to be a manufacturer match to the springs and valves?

There was a thread a while back where kibblewhite springs failed at very low mileage. :lol:

I would be interested in any feedback on Web cams spring kits?

Kibblewhite springs are a gamble... subject to failure via breakage...

To Quote The Master...."the kibblewhite springs are junk."

They should have called them Kibble Bit valves and springs, cos Bits is what many end up with...:)

So do you want to play Russian Roulette with your Engine..????

Not this Black Duck...Little-Black-Duck.gif

Give me RHC valves and spring kits please...:lol:

I'm sure Kibblewhite has a great product but after 2 sets of intake valves and springs i installed stock parts and guess what all the problems went away. I was more disappointed in the way Kibblewhite handled the issue. It clearly was not a product issue but something that i had done wrong.

Kibblewhite,, I really don't have an answer as to why they work so well in some bikes and have a high failure rate in others.

And I don't intended to find out personally, Ferrera / RHC valves and the RHC Springs plus tops.. They are a known good set up for the DRZ.. I see no reason to chance it with another

yeah ... i would NEVER use them in my DRZ ... never .. ever

i am thinking about using them in my CRF when the time comes , out of all the research i have done its only positive reports .

as ERIC says , the K/W valves are ok in some bikes and not ok in other bikes .

after all the positive reports of the K/W valves in the CRF i still struggle to get them for my CRF :lol:

Look up the name you will see there not regarded well on here and for a reason , ive had Wiseco valves in mine for over 15000 miles with no problems.

SO .... my question is ... why are they lasting so long in some bikes and :lol: in the DRZ
Kibblewhite,, I really don't have an answer as to why they work so well in some bikes and have a high failure rate in others

See redundant reoccurring previously posted statement :)

Someone with a lot of time looking at cam profiles, head designs and those things IN USE on the different bikes would be needed, or a material failure analyses engineer doing a work up to discover the real deal..

And if you ask the manufacture they claim there is no issue, no significantly higher failure rate vice other engines.

As all we have is observed data from mostly untrained users it’s possible they are correct, and we are just seeing a difference in available internet reporting that makes it appear a difference in failure rates exists.

I think all we know for sure is.

KW valves, KW springs have seen failure in the DRZ engine at a perceived higher rate them other bikes.

RHC valves, RHC Springs have seen no failures in the DRZ engine.

OEM valves and springs have seen high failure rates in high hour stock motors revved hard. Moderately built motors with higher lift cams. They seem to work fin in a mild build, just don’t run them for a lot of hours.

I've since put an order in to Eddie for his stage 2 spring kit, thank you though.