Sign in to follow this  

KX100 rear suspension help?

Hi my names Jordan i was riding at a local mx track and i noticed my rear suspension is just tad bit to soft. It bottomed on a big jump but i think that's understandable as i was about 9ft in the air and landed right in the middle flat grounded but i was just wondering how i might just stiffen it a little it was originally set for a 125lb rider i am 121 but i ride really aggressive and i just wanna stiffin it up a little bit Thanks BY THE WAY I DONT HAVE MY MANUAL LOST IT

Edited by Carter2

U have 4 positions on ur comp Adjuster that's all put on the firmest.

You could add some bottoming resistance to the forks by adding some oil to each fork leg. Also make sure the sag, of the rear end, is set to 80 - 85mm .

Do you know what your current clicker positions are for the shock and forks?

since i have lost my manual i have no clue on how to adjust the rear shock i just had stiffer springs put in my forks because they were way soft and bottoming now they are perfect i just need to get my rear shock up to par with my forks i was just wondering how to stiffen it up a bit without putting a different shock on it and could someone explain how to set sag?

since i have lost my manual i have no clue on how to adjust the rear shock i just had stiffer springs put in my forks because they were way soft and bottoming now they are perfect i just need to get my rear shock up to par with my forks i was just wondering how to stiffen it up a bit without putting a different shock on it and could someone explain how to set sag?

at your weight your going to need a spring to make it work as well as your forks. they are relatively inexpensive and very easy to install

Yeah i guess so i was trying to avoid putting more money into my bike as im going to move up to a ktm150sx soon i already have to invest in a new pair of handle bars and tires as my tires are 3 years old and rock hard and my handlebars are mangled from my last high speed whoops crash i tryed to bend those back im going to try and adjust the dampening to make it just a bit stiffer til i have enough to get a spring

Yeah i guess so i was trying to avoid putting more money into my bike as im going to move up to a ktm150sx soon i already have to invest in a new pair of handle bars and tires as my tires are 3 years old and rock hard and my handlebars are mangled from my last high speed whoops crash i tryed to bend those back im going to try and adjust the dampening to make it just a bit stiffer til i have enough to get a spring

look for a spring on ebay. i buy them all the time for various bikes