Sign in to follow this  

My bw 200 isnt running right,Please help?!

I just got it back from the dealer,they cleaned carb,flushed tank adjusted the valves new plug.I get it down to south carolina was running it at caw,going down hill or coasting to a stop it would flame out and die,id kick and kick and kick and finally it would restart.It would start breaking up as in misfiring Id rev it out and it would clean out and Id be like ok but the next corner it would die.:lol::foul:I was having fun riding it while it ran decent but Im kinda ripped being I ended up paying the dealer some beaucoup Bucks.Yes it has fresh fuel in it too,I run 93 in all my bikes,I used shell 93 that day.Im wondering if the stator/cdi unit is going.Some 1 told me years ago if the coil goes the bike will not start or just run till it gets hot and kicks and then wont restart.Maybe some 1 can point me in right direction ?:banghead:thanks

I have no idea what a "bw200" is, but.. From what your describing, it sounds like it's still a carb problem. Going way lean (or possibly rich, is it blowing a lot of black smoke when it does it?) while on decel or downhill, along with the hard to start would maybe indicate a float height problem.

Take it back to the place that did the work and tell them they missed something.

Or, better yet, consider getting a service manual, some tools, and doing all this yourself. Then you'll get everything right, and have a way better idea what's going on when something isn't right.:lol:

When I revved it up it didnt blow any smoke,white blue or black.I thought this too because as I turned the throttle to the stops it bogged out big time.Which to me it makes me think its not getting enough fuel.I plan on taking it back as soon as I ge tback next week.I just thought if it was something as per se yeah my bike did that its the plug.I could fix it and be on my merry way.lol Anyway thank you for the advice and a yamaha BW 200 stands for Big wheel and it has an old air/oiled cooled 4 stroke engine that is still used in the ttr and xt 230.Its got atv balloon tires and bounces more then 2 monkeys having wild sex LOL but its fun to be a hooligan on it as it isnt fast its just soo fun for what it is:)

sounds like the dealer morons strike again.

Hard to tell not there, but if it starts cold and not hot could be coil, most likely a dumb ass dealer mech. screwed up the carb, drop the bowl, set the float so it shuts off when floats are parallel to carb body ( i dont know what setting is but this will be close), turn mix out 1 1/2 or 2 from seated and start there.

remember- the dealer mech is there only because he watched an infomercial late one night in the basement of his moms house

When it ran it bounced around alot,pretty stable thru muddy stuff,some of the slippery clay it got scary on.I took it back to the dealership and I could tell the service writer wasnt happy when I told him what I did.I dont care I payed ALOT OF Moolah and unless something else broke or went wrong I expect it too work right.I didnt break anything or drown bike out and 10 minutes after i took it out.On 1 of the fire/access roads about a mile from the parking lot the bike had quit and I wa slike uh oh this is gonna be a fun walk back to the truck.Thanks for all the advice and Ill keep ya posted on what was wrong w it,still waiting to hear from them after dropping bike off 4 days ago.

Yea keep us posted, hate the mech's at the dealer, cause more problems than they solve. If your lucky someone else in the peanut gallery will look at your bike rather than the guy who worked on it the first time. Problem with checking your own work is, if you missed it the first time, it would be easy to miss the second.

Thats what kind of upsets me the man who worked on my bike,is suppose to be the best in the shop,word on the street hes a respectable mechanic and man.I like the guy and shop and I only hope it was something overlooked or some other problem w the bike.Its hard to find a good shop,I like it when I go in there they know my name and face w a big hello and smile.

Well I hope your right,we can all make mistakes,maybe he will see something. I know what you mean by finding a shop you like though, I had the same thing with a speed shop when I was building a car, I did the work but they were very helpful with information, those shops are few and far between.

so what did they find? It sounds a lot like a CDI going bad which many of these machines had issues with.