Sign in to follow this  

seat questions

So i was thinking about getting a new seat cover and foam for my 05 RM250 but my current seat pan is pretty hammered... i do have an SDG tall seat, but i'm not fond of how it feels.

so i've been looking around and finding a stock seat that i can just get new foam and cover for is pretty hard and a new stock seat is like $250 which seems completely insane to me...

any suggestions on where to look, or is my best bet to see if someone is willing to trade a stocker for the SDG?

just looking for some advice.

Get a guts racing seat cover and foam. Been waiting for my brutally hard SDG seat to breakdown and tear so I can replace with guts. Have one on my WR with the medium foam. Perfect blend of hard and soft. The SDG, it's just plain brutal. I needed a new seat pan as well as seat so I went the SDG route, but if my pan was good it would be a no brainer.

Can't you buy the foam and cover you want and use the SDG seat for its pan? Am I missing something?

I love my SDG tall seat. had more foam for my fat ass to squish. stock seat foam is a tad softer than concrete, but not much. :lol: My SDG is soft but not so to hit the pan.

Can't you buy the foam and cover you want and use the SDG seat for its pan? Am I missing something?

I love my SDG tall seat. had more foam for my fat ass to squish. stock seat foam is a tad softer than concrete, but not much. :lol: My SDG is soft but not so to hit the pan.

Sorry, I should've added that The SDG seat pan doesn't line up as well as the stocker. It's seems like the rear brackets are located slightly too far forward.

Does anyone know how to make the SDG seatpan fit better?

Mine fit better than my old beat stocker....

I trimmed the plastics on one side panel as it liked to hook on the right side panel. Only had to trim off a 1/4 inch.

On mine the fitment issue has to do with the bolt holes not lining up right. When the bolts are in the holes, the seat is too far back and there is a space between the front of the seat and the tank. The seat stays put, it just looks ridiculous. I could oval out the holes to bring it forward but then I worry about it moving around.

On mine the fitment issue has to do with the bolt holes not lining up right. When the bolts are in the holes, the seat is too far back and there is a space between the front of the seat and the tank. The seat stays put, it just looks ridiculous. I could oval out the holes to bring it forward but then I worry about it moving around.

That sucks. Mines a hair back from al the way forward,but not noticable. I can't remember how the mounts are attached to the seat.... Are they screwed on? Even if they're not screwed on you could cut those,and mount an appropiate L bracket on the seat. I seem to remember my stock WR seat comes with the L brackets.....

That sucks. Mines a hair back from al the way forward,but not noticable. I can't remember how the mounts are attached to the seat.... Are they screwed on? Even if they're not screwed on you could cut those,and mount an appropiate L bracket on the seat. I seem to remember my stock WR seat comes with the L brackets.....

Yes the mounts are bolted on. I looked at possibly relocating the mounting holes but the new holes would overlap the old. I guess I could just see about getting a different L bracket and drilling holes or maybe have the bracket welded over the old holes then drilled.....