Sign in to follow this  

Question about 350SXF exhaust and map switch

I have a 2011 KTM 350SXF and am getting a Yoshimura full exhaust (Read on hear it's one of the best, and while they are amazing I'd rather not pay double for an AKRO) for christmas along with the PIM-2 from Yosh. I was considering getting the KTM map switch to put it on the "wild" setting however I'm not sure if both the PIM-2 and Map switch will both work together, or if I need to use one or the other. Any help on this would be great, cause all the FI stuff is still very new to me.

I have a 2011 KTM 350SXF and am getting a Yoshimura full exhaust (Read on hear it's one of the best, and while they are amazing I'd rather not pay double for an AKRO) for christmas along with the PIM-2 from Yosh. I was considering getting the KTM map switch to put it on the "wild" setting however I'm not sure if both the PIM-2 and Map switch will both work together, or if I need to use one or the other. Any help on this would be great, cause all the FI stuff is still very new to me.

The PIM2 unit alone will give you 3 maps you have to download from yoshimura web site. one setting is for slip on 2nd setting is for full exhaust with spark arrester and the 3rd is for full exhaust without the spark arrester. These maps are all 91 octane pump gas. The PIM2 wiring harness will have you plug into 4 places on your existing harness and will reroute the system to the PIM2 box and that will take over your existing system. The ktm map switch at that point will be redirected because of the wiring harness to the PIM2. Basically the PIM2 system will take over all mapping. If you buy the data box you will then have a self mapping feature, But you will have to have your header modified to except the O2 censore you have to have a bung welded to it.

I run the aggresive map switch with 110 race fuel and the bike ran fine. I would try that first or with pump gas and see how it ran if the throttle response is crisp and the bike pulls without any spitting and sputtering then your good. If not I would by the PIM2 and data box but get ready to spend 769.00 Good luck

The map switch difference from stock to wild is barely noticeable. However, the mild setting is noticeable and is useful for low traction situations. If you want more power, save the $70.

Wow thanks for the help! That pretty much cleared everything up I was looking for. I talked to a rep for yosh and they essentially said that the data box would be a little overkill and that the exhaust and pim2 would work great. Good to know about the Ktm map switch though too.

I have the Yoshi AND Map-switch on my '12 350.

Honestly i have to say i still didn't have the chance to ride it on a real track since over here in switzerland all tracks are already closed and it will take a couple of weeks before i spend some time on a nice track down in Italy. However the Map-switch changes the way the motor pulls quite a bit. On the wild setting it can be a handful depending on the grip-level you have. The Yosh however adds a healthy dose of low end so this compensates for the loss. But as mentioned i couldn't verify this as my only time riding the bike with pipe AND map-switch was a small race on a even smaller track with very slippery offcamber turns...not ideal to get a feel for sheer power;)

been looking into the PIM2 and from what i understand is that its for fuel mapping where as the plug in mild and wild maps are for ignition timing, i would assume they will work together and i read that the pim2 comes with stock setting for a slip in muffler and full system but there are lots more maps that can be downloaded from there wed site for free

please correct me if i am wrong cos im still learning about all this EFI stuff

Mooie