Sign in to follow this  

Update for anybody wondering about the 125's ability…

'09 WR125 piloted by an aggressive, but steady 17 year old won the 2011 GNCC National Championship for the 200C 16+ class and also won the National Championship for the 200 C class for the AMA Racing East Hare Scramble Series.

Link to series final points...

http://www.racer-results.net/results/gncc/2011/seriespoints.asp?s=4&c=48

He capped the season off by taking the Overall on the 1-2-5 in the Sunday morning race at Loretta Lynn round of the GNCC; last race of the series.

Link to Sunday's overall results...

http://www.racer-results.net/results/gncc/2011/overall.asp?e=83&r=5&s=4

Bike at beginning of season…does not look near as pretty right now!

IMG_2129-1.jpg

IMG_2130-1.jpg

Solid piece of equipment…16 races this season; 2 hours each, and a lot of practice time…

Yea, takes some tweaking…but when you get it right…NICE!!:lol:

Lots of help from a lot of names I recognize here…they know their stuff…

Just trying to help the cause...these machines do work.:)

Edited by sjpp

Firstly congratulations on a job well done

Secondly nice looking bike

And lastly--- I have been setting up a 09 and a 10 wr 125 one with a pwk 36 the other with a pwk 39 and both run real strong but both suffer from a mid range vaugeness so to speak that I think maybe is caused by the stock pipe!!!

So what I wish to know is how do you rate the FMF as I was going to try some different exhausts and dont want to import a couple if there is no /or much to gain

Once again well done:thumbsup:

These 125s - 150s Huskys are the best motorcycles out there.

Most small bore Huskys easily get a whole season out of a piston/rings and clutch.

Bang for the buck you can't beat it!

And congrats on your boy winning the title! :lol:

Congrats on the win. As most of us know, it takes a top level bike with a "no bullsh*t" mechanic and last but not least a fast smooth rider to pull it off.

My 14 year old needs to get on something with some punch. Raced with older model Honda for some time now. We want to go for new bikes and mod 'em to make next season a solid effort year. Our 4-stroke venture has valve issues and now fuel injection complications to keep anybody from concentrating on seat time.

Two-stroke is where we're stay'in. Go'in to look into these 125's. Any advise on the 2012's and the upgrades would be great.

Not to mention.... The bike looks sweet!! :lol:

My 150 Pulls forever, I really like mine. Has some carb work and an FMF PIPE... Sauter, if you hold off til spring, your boy can Spin a few laps on mine to see if he likes it?... I hope the OP got some Husky Bucks!