00 RM250....losing my sanity

I am completely stumped...the bike was running perfect. Went to ride it two days later and it would not start. I changed the plug, still nothing. I have had the carb apart 3 times and everything checks out. It is getting fuel, the spark is strong and the bike has plenty of compression. The bike should at least try to fire but it won't even pop. Any ideas or suggestions to look for here?

Is plug wet or dry after trying to start? If wet, float shut off valve may not be closing off fuel to carb. Turn off gas and hold throttle wide open and kick to start. When you turn gas back on, bike should want to flood and not run good except maybe at wide open. Air filter could be realy dirty and blocked. Let us know what a new plug looks like after trying to start. Gas is fresh?

It has fresh gas, the float isn't sticking because it isn't puking out the overflow and I did already try kicking it with the petcock off. Air filter is clean and the plug comes out wet but not overly wet so it is getting fuel. I am getting spark but that also doesn't mean it is sparking under pressure in the cylinder. Right now I am almost thinking it may be electrical/timing issues. Nothing else makes sense.

Just for the heck of it check that the stator is tight or even the stator plate bolts. Then also check that the key did not get sheared between the stator and crankshaft. Then the last thing I could think of, since it seams like you covered every thing else, is to see if the crank seals did not pop out on either side of the crank. Did it smoke a lot the last time you rode it?

If I was in your boots right now, I would pull it untill it started. You know the bike and you know it was running fine and now nothing. If you did not turn the gas off the last time you hauled it home or left the gas turned on in the shop while sitting, it could have flooded the cylinder. Plus you have been kicking on it for a few days now.

I'am an Okie Redneck, and we just like to pull stuff for kicks and giggles, but I bet it will start.

If I was in your boots right now, I would pull it untill it started. You know the bike and you know it was running fine and now nothing. If you did not turn the gas off the last time you hauled it home or left the gas turned on in the shop while sitting, it could have flooded the cylinder. Plus you have been kicking on it for a few days now.

I'am an Okie Redneck, and we just like to pull stuff for kicks and giggles, but I bet it will start.

Yeah, that could be a possibility,,if so,, pull the plug, and turn the bike upside-down, and drain the crankcase........ I've seen it before.......good luck........Dr.D..