Sign in to follow this  

CRF450x OEM Electronic dash

I've looked and Googled but yet to find one, i know there's better aftermarket stuff but this dash actually offers useful functions, is plug and play on my 2008x.

The aussie model has them fitted as standard as the X is sold road legal here, I have not been to a Honda shop to get a price as yet but no doubt it's probably stupendously expensive but I would like to see if I can source one at a reasonable price.

Unfortunately they don't offer them here so your only source is going to be where you live

Unless you were willing to go with a aftermarket one that has the same functions (which would most likely be cheaper than stock)

I got mine at ServiceHonda.com, it was $150, and bolted right onto my '07 450x. It worked great, looked factory. I didn't like how you couldn't adjust the odometer manually, though, which is a pain on organized rides if you are off a little on the mileage - can't adjust to be right on at checkpoints. I used the tach. It came with turn signal indicators (separate), but I didn't install them.

I got mine at ServiceHonda.com, it was $150, and bolted right onto my '07 450x. It worked great, looked factory. I didn't like how you couldn't adjust the odometer manually, though, which is a pain on organized rides if you are off a little on the mileage - can't adjust to be right on at checkpoints. I used the tach. It came with turn signal indicators (separate), but I didn't install them.

Is it aftermarket bit or a Honda part?

Honda AU charge $550 but i can get a discount, not sure how much yet.

Acewell 3701... didn't have a Honda logo on it though. It came with a cable that screwed right into the odometer gear on the front wheel, and a mount for the handlebar clamp. Do a quick search for that model number and you'll certainly be able to source one closer to you for less than that Honda premium price.

Is it aftermarket bit or a Honda part?

Honda AU charge $550 but i can get a discount, not sure how much yet.

550 seems a bit rich mate, at that price even with a disco i'd be looking at the trailtec with the gps

550 seems a bit rich mate, at that price even with a disco i'd be looking at the trailtec with the gps

Yeah I doubt I'll go for it, gotta sort my front brakes first.

Acewell 3701... didn't have a Honda logo on it though. It came with a cable that screwed right into the odometer gear on the front wheel, and a mount for the handlebar clamp. Do a quick search for that model number and you'll certainly be able to source one closer to you for less than that Honda premium price.

Can you provide a link ?? , i searched everything i could at Service Honda , and didnt find anything but the stock US , trip meter which just gives mileage up to 99.9 miles , and its in the OEM parts , i entered that (Acewell 3701) name and came up with 0 results , i never found anything that looks like a OEM Euro digital dash

Can you provide a link ?? , i searched everything i could at Service Honda , and didnt find anything but the stock US , trip meter which just gives mileage up to 99.9 miles , and its in the OEM parts , i entered that (Acewell 3701) name and came up with 0 results , i never found anything that looks like a OEM Euro digital dash

Here is a link to the company... http://www.s3performance.com.au/acewell-3701-digital-speedometer-tachometer-with-pilot-lights-p-58.html

Jack

So that is what the Euro CRF450X speedo looks like ?? , i would have thought it would be more like a Yamaha WR or KTM XC dash

This is just a hunch, and I'd like an Austrailian rider to confirm or correct this:

The CRF-450X sold in Australia is, basically, made street-legal by the Austrailian Honda motorcycle importer.

The necessary parts to meet road regulations are added after the bikes are in the country, and the speedometer used is an aftermarket brand, not a unit as you'd expect to see if the bike came from Japan with that equipment on it.

If the bike did come off the Japan assembly line with a digital speedometer/odometer/trip meter assembly, I'd expect to see a Honda logo clearly visible on it.

So, the one supplied as standard AU equipment is an Acewell?

Like 450XJimDirt has asked:

Anybody got a good pic of what this unit looks like?

Or, is it simply the one shown in the link with a little Honda sticker on it?

Cool, thank you.

I ask because I may be in the market for a digital speedo soon. :lol: