Sign in to follow this  

just saying hi

Just joined this site, after buying an XR250R about a month ago. But here in CT most of the trails are blocked by downed trees after the snowstorm in Oct.

My plan is to make the bike street legal. Anyone familiar with the Tusk kit? On ebay for $180.

Over the winter I'll do the baffle mod, hi flow air filter and a jet. Maybe the Renthal bar too, does it make much of a difference? And what bar to get?

Its been at least 15 years since I've been on a dirt bike, I cant wait for good weather. My woods riding has been on a mountain bike since then. 6" of travel front and rear,hydraulic discs but the pedaling thing sucks-lol.

Great site by the way

Tom B

Welcome. Where's the pics?

See my DIY dual sport wiring guide thread for that

Welcome. I have a couple buddies that have the Tusk street kit. Both of them are sold on it, especially because of the price. Im going to street legal mine this winter also. The tusk is what im going to go with. Try looking at http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com, They are about the same price and free shipping you can get your bars from there also and look at the reviews. They are located about 5 min from me, all there parts seem to be very reasonable priced from what i seen.

I used to mountain bike also, good times. But the motorcycle is alot funner going up the hills.