Sign in to follow this  

I need a new engine for my xr70 . Reccomendations ?

Im having an absolute blast messing around on my '01 xr70 . Thing is , the trusty little Honda is just too slow . I've removed the spark arrestor , opened up the airbox , and adjusted the clip and air screw which made a big difference but its still not nearly enough . I figure rather then beat the hell out of the stock engine (which is meant to be RELIABLE not FAST) , I should replace it with a pitbike engine and keep the Honda as a backup , and also so when I sell the bike the stock engine will still be in perfect running condition .

I see the Lifans are all over eBay for pretty cheap , are these good engines ?

I want a nice powerful engine obviously but I also need it to be reliable and not have any problems . My bikes are maintained meticulously so thats not an issue .

So any engine reccomendations ? Thanks !

Lifan is a decent engine...buy from a dealer like Fire Power Minis or Wholesale Cycle....you will get a good deal and great service after the sale...or support a vendor on this site...a 140 would be a good mill

drop a stroker crank and a close ratio tranny. Very reliable and lots of power:ride:

that is good idea too....I have a stroker in my wife's CRF50 (108) and it has great bottom...and pulls well.....a little too well for a ten inch bike sometimes....my daughters bike has a 88 kit in it and it is fun........both engines are Honda cased

do you guys recomend building the honda or replacing the enginwe. TB has some good prices on ssr and piranha.

Edited by surveywaters
spelling

do you guys recomend building the honda or replacing the enginwe. TB has some good prices on ssr and piranha.

I'm guessing that you meant T-Bolt, as TB (Trailbikes) doesn't sell bikes, just parts.

I guess I should have simply included links to the ssr engine and the piranha engine I was reffering to.

Now, I'm a bit confused, you say Trailbikes and t-bolt like they're different. T-Bolt is a site sponsor right? I think the link you provided me the other day was for a Trailbike 88ccc kit at T-Bolt. I have seen TB used as an acronym, which is it most commonly being used for?

Edited by surveywaters
clarification

Vince at T-Bolt is an authorized distributor for Trailbikes parts. Vince is based just ouside of Philadelphia, PA. Trailbikes is based out of MD. TB is the acronym normally associated with Trailbikes. On other mini sites, to distinguish between two different parts suppliers, TB is used for Trailbikes, and TBR is used to denote Two Brothers Racing.

Here is the typical TB logo:

smalllogo-360.jpg

wow, there's a lot of TB out there. I appreciate the clarrification and will be more specific in the future.

do you guys recomend building the honda or replacing the engine. TB (t-bolt.com) has some good prices on ssr and piranha.

so what are some thoughts here?

thanks for the tips, I'm sticking with the Honda and goin' with T-Bolt's kit. Can't wait for the man in brown.

Did you get the UPS Overnight delivery?

UPSHuey.jpg

Laughing20rolling.gif

That's a great pic!

Sadly no, I am accepting his free shipping on orders over $49. It will hopefully be here for a fun filled Friday of fiddling.

Did you get the UPS Overnight delivery?

UPSHuey.jpg

Laughing20rolling.gif

I see those things just about everyday flying over my house from 29 Palms....don't say UPS on them tho...lol:thumbsup: