Sign in to follow this  

CRF 150 F or pitbike?

What would be better for a mini bike class for my son and I, CRF150f or a pitbike llike the SSR 150? I was leaning towards the pitbike but someone said the wheel size of the CRF would be a big advantage over the 12/14" on the pitbike on real MX track with ruts and braking bumps? What do you think?

the crf150f is a great bike, i dont really think you can compare the shitty chinese ssr to it, to be really honest with you, ive owned a crf150f and seen the ssr's, go with the honda.

Yep-- If you were thinking about a KLX110, it would be your choice as to which bike would be better suited to the races he'd be running. If you were doing big bike races-- the 150F would be best suited to the Trail Bike classes depending on the rules at your local series. Some may not let the 150F into Jr. Trail Bike.

I don't believe they'll let the Youth class ride a 150F in the pit bike races, so he'd have to race against the 14 Open bikes. In that case a 110 would be the ticket. Neither are very expensive used-- I'd get both if you have the means. --L*64