Sign in to follow this  

wondering what my options are

Checked some other headlight threads, but none covered upgrading this particular headlight.

Sooo, I have the acerbis led vision headlight.

IMG_0224.jpg

IMG_0233.jpg

100_1141.jpg

Looks alright in the light, but at night.....it suffers (I know the gopro doesn't do to well at night, but the light honestly is awful at night)

vlcsnap-2011-11-23-21h45m22s32.png

vlcsnap-2011-11-23-21h43m35s232.png

These lights are brighter than my damn headlight..

vlcsnap-2011-11-23-21h44m53s254.png

I knew it wouldn't be very good at night (two 20w bulbs/not DOT approved--and one's burned out:foul:) However, I don't really ride at night, but when I close at the golf course I am forced to ride home at dusk/night. Now obviously I could buy a new headlight or put the old one back on, but I was just wondering if I could get brighter bulbs for it? I don't want to melt the plastic headlight stuff and i dont know if that headlight could support a higher wattage bulb.

From a website: Material: Nylon and Polypropylene Transparent light protection in polycarbonate

Soooooo, anyone know?:lol:

Edited by KaiserRolls

do like everyone else and slap a poorly done HID kit in it so you're blinding drivers coming right at you ?

no really, there are a few people that have done it right. were it me i'd go LED. as in, ripped out of a crashed high-end car and hacked into whatever fixture you like. 20W of led power = flamethrower.