Sign in to follow this  

tech 10/7 strap replacement

I didn't know where to post this but i have a pair of tech 10's which uses the same strap system as the tech 7,s and i got new straps and i cant figure out how to get the old ones out someone please help me i hope its not worse than resoling them.... i did that the other night.

I've never tried to take mine out all the way, but if you kind of gently pull and wiggle back and fourth they will usually pull out pretty easily. Is there a keeper or something at the end that keeps them from pulling out all the way?

straps just pull out on tech 10. pull them out up and away from boot and wiggle so the teeth don't grab.. the strap holders/receivers are a bitch to replace. if you are replacing those, use a heat gun and some gentle screwdriver action to put them back in. resoling them sucks. nothing worse.

How do you resole them? What's involved in getting the old sole off and getting the new one on? What kind of tools do you use ands what kind of glue?

Thanks, DK

I didn't know where to post this but i have a pair of tech 10's which uses the same strap system as the tech 7,s and i got new straps and i cant figure out how to get the old ones out someone please help me i hope its not worse than resoling them.... i did that the other night.

Call Alpinestars and send the boots to them. They replaced all the buckles and receivers on my boot for free. Astars service rule.

MAX!!!

How do you resole them? What's involved in getting the old sole off and getting the new one on? What kind of tools do you use ands what kind of glue?

Thanks, DK

heat gun to remove sole - when you buy the insert it comes with glue. heat gun to install sole

so i called alppine stars and the dude on the phone was a complete dick n basicall y said"just pull" and i told him i did that wont work and he said said them in i cant help you!!! so i called factory resole and the gentlemen on the phone took 20 minutes to explain the proper way of doing it witch requires heating up the strap/reciver with a heat gun and crimping the strap with pliers till it bows outward then pull. i also resoled my boots witch was a hugeee pain but now my boots are resoled and restrapped!!!!