Sign in to follow this  

1992 XR250L is this too much, found on Craigslist.

Wheres the plate, didnt see it in the pics... I have that same rack works great, love it. Extra motor, bike looks clean yes it is worth it (if it runs good). Top speed is questionable, I know what I have hit on my 94 L. You really want a strong reliable bike over top speed and the 250 L is that.

why would someone put differnt plastics on, change the seat (cover) and paint the gas tank,

if the bike was low miles and in great condition?

why would someone put differnt plastics on, change the seat (cover) and paint the gas tank,

if the bike was low miles and in great condition?

i think thats called personalizing youre ride.

Kawie

comes with all the extras? get it! you'll love it! i have an 86 xr250 and im always thinking about wantin to sell it but then i always decide to keep cause i really do like it ALOT!!!

thats a bargain. THe motor is worth up to $500. The carrier is $150 any day. 1050 for the bike?

Bargain

I paid $900 for my 1991 w/2600 miles about a month ago. Did not come with any of the extras. The bike is probably worth $1000 by itself. I love my 250L best $900 I have ever spent.

... I love my 250L best $900 I have ever spent.

I love my LC's beefed suspension, best $400 I spent on it

I just picked up a very nice '92 XR 250L that's a real strong runner. But I discovered that it won't start unless the battery is fully charged. there won't be any spark unless it has a full charge. Anybody know what's up with this design and why isn't it like the older XL's that can run with a total dead battery? Once I put a quick charge on it the beast fired right up first kick...like it should be.

Thanx!

Capacitor will make the issue worse by far. I just ditched the cap and went back to the battery on my XR-L due to the hassle of pulling the fuses to start the bike. Didn't really want to cut into the wiring harness in order to make a switch for the headlights... Starts up in two kicks or so, no problem.

Yoshizuki, has a point. You would have to put a switch on your lights to start with a capacitor, you have to kill the electrical drain of the headlight. Putting a switch is no big deal either. Some people prefer the weight loss with the capacitor mod, not enough for me to make the change.