Sign in to follow this  

Best place to get tires, cheap?

define cheep? If your on a big budget one place to look is craigslist. I know I am way out in CA but there is a local guy who is always selling used tires (he races so they all have 80%+ tread) for $15. If your good at changing tires and dont mind doing it you can pick up a handful of tires for the price of 1 and get some decent life out of them... but its all relative i guess.

RM has a killer deal for closeouts D756 tires i think. $25 each (limit 1 and sizes)

define cheep? If your on a big budget one place to look is craigslist. I know I am way out in CA but there is a local guy who is always selling used tires (he races so they all have 80%+ tread) for $15. If your good at changing tires and dont mind doing it you can pick up a handful of tires for the price of 1 and get some decent life out of them... but its all relative i guess.

RM has a killer deal for closeouts D756 tires i think. $25 each (limit 1 and sizes)

thanks man, i just ordered a 756 (100) rear tire off RM for my brothers 250f, but i need at least a 110, or 120 in the rear for my 450... I live in PA, but am visiting my bro in CA in January after new years and hes gettin me a 450 for when im out there so I was lookin to put new tires, or close to new when im out there...Let me know if u know of any good deals near san diego...thanks

I see tires on craigslist a couple of times a month from guys who just put a few races on a tire and then take it off. Most times there's still 90 or 95% tread left and you can get the tire for half price or less. Since they're riding in your area the tires are usually good tread patterns for where ever you are riding. If you don't need a tire immediately I suggest you do this.

For new tires Bikebandit.com has about the best prices i've found, but I'm sure there's a few places on the net I missed when checking prices.

here in bunbury west australia is a company called mxretreads i been using them for years. cheaper than shop tyres and they won a couple of world vet champs last year too

That's a soft tire tho.

I got a dunlop d952 from motosport for 70$ beats 100$+ at a local dealer

http://www.motosport.com/dirtbike/DUNLOP-D952-REAR-TIRE-1009019

A 100/90-19 is not fine for a 450. That tire is discontinued- that's why they're selling them so cheap. Plus, that tire will wear out very quickly.

If you're going to buy a tire, spend a couple bucks more and get something decent. Good tires are not that much more expensive. Bridgestone 404's work very well in a variety of terrain and last a long time. Same with Michelin Starcross (MH3 is a good choice). There are also a number of Pirelli's that work well and last a long time.

A 100/90-19 is not fine for a 450. That tire is discontinued- that's why they're selling them so cheap. Plus, that tire will wear out very quickly.

If you're going to buy a tire, spend a couple bucks more and get something decent. Good tires are not that much more expensive. Bridgestone 404's work very well in a variety of terrain and last a long time. Same with Michelin Starcross (MH3 is a good choice). There are also a number of Pirelli's that work well and last a long time.

i agree with you about the 100/90-19 not fitting a 450, too narrow. that's why im asking for advice on finding a 110/80-90-19, please post up sites that have good deals!

Anybody know a good place to get good tires for really cheap? post up!!! (for a 450)

Try a local tire shop. For cars.

I have a place that orders right out of the same Parts Unlimited catalog, except they charge their normal automotive 15% markup. Bike shops mark up closer to 100%, so the savings can be substantial.

JayC

They only discontinued them because the new mx geomax series came out. They worked fine for many years before. And yes they wear out quickly as dose every other good soft mx tire.

Try a local tire shop. For cars.

I have a place that orders right out of the same Parts Unlimited catalog, except they charge their normal automotive 15% markup. Bike shops mark up closer to 100%, so the savings can be substantial.

JayC

That sounds like a good idea, thanks man! i hope a shop near me can order from parts unlimited as well!

I like motorcycle-superstore but the deal posted above from rockymountain sounds great. I am heading there next time myself.