Sign in to follow this  

Happy Thanksgiving :)

Everyone is stuffed and still havent even had pie here! Made an easy day of cooking by cooking the turkey in the crock pot, baked the pies last night, made homemade gravy (dairy and wheat free) as well as wheat free stuffing which was a hit!!! Now for some wheat free pumpkin pie and maybe some board games!!

PrincessMX, Wish I was at your house for thanksgiving. I am Wheat & Dairy free and I am working on creating my meals now.

Well come on down!...actually you would have to come to NE since we are with the hubby's family lol The hubby is allergic to dairy and his sister's husband is allergic to wheat.....gotta be creative...atleast the turkey and the jellied cranberry are safe for everyone! I picked up some gluten free pie crusts at Whole foods for our pumpkin pies and subsituted almond milk for evap. milk in the pie recipe. Made our own turkey gravy from scratch with corn starch, and made wheat free version of stuffing using gluten free bread and chicken stock.....no recipe for that...just eye ball-ed it and hoped it turned out like stuffing and tasted ok lol

Wow, sounds good. I made my own Cranberry sauce from scratch for the first time ever, Turned out really good. Technically I wasn't supposed to eat it, but it's a holiday. I am a hot mess as my boss likes to tell me, but I made greenbean casserole for the Boyfriend (had to use Cream of Mushroom because I couldn't find the Golden Mushroom soup at my store) the fried onions aren't wheat free so had issues from those, then I made some bacon and added brussels sprouts and some scallops to that, So good. Then had a turkey breast instead of a whole turkey (awesome), Made stove top stuffing for the boyfriend, cresent rolls and then for myself I had mashed potatoes, turkey, cranberry sauce, and I made some wheat free dairy free pumpkin pie, Yum and some mini pecan pies which didn't set I think It might have been because of my soyfree butter. But the organic brown cane sugar was tasty even though it was Pecan Pie Soup. I'll have to look into the glutenfree bread stuffing for Xmas dinner.

A little song my little brother learned many years ago that I'm teaching to my son:

Turkey and dressing

and salad and pickles

potatoes and gravy with peas

Cornbread and butter

the next words I utter

will be "pass some more of them please"

Ice cream with topping

then I should be stopping

(heavy sigh)

pie with marshmallows puffed

Get up from the table

I don't think I'm able

for just like the turkey I'm stuffed!!

:lol::)

Turkey leftovers and skiing for us Friday.

How'd you all work off your extra pounds?

Walks around the neighborhood and then up early Friday for some shopping( walking around mostly and making the hubby carry bags) hehe

How'd you all work off your extra pounds?

I rode my bike, picked up my bike three times and hiked. The leftovers are almost gone. :lol: