Sign in to follow this  

What Speedo should I get with the Baja Design

Hi, I was wondering for those who have the Baja Design Dual Sport kit, what speedo did you go with? Trail Tech Vapor or Acewell?

Just trying to find out what speedo works best with the Baja Design Dual Sport kit.

Thanks in advance.

I use the the TrailTech Vapor. It is hooked up independently so it dosen't matter what dual sport kit you use. I like the Vapor, gives great info, along with trip odometer, travel time, resets, etc. Make sure you hook it up to the battery, otherwise it burns through watch style batteries.

I'm in the middle of installing the Baja Designs kit on my 2009 CRF-450X.

There's a connector behind the headlight assembly that's made to power an Acewell unit.

I'm in the middle of installing the Baja Designs kit on my 2009 CRF-450X.

There's a connector behind the headlight assembly that's made to power an Acewell unit.

Will that turn the backlight off when you turn the key off? Not really a big deal, but it could take a little drain off the CRF battery.

I can't say with 100% certainty because I'm using an old-fashioned round analog speedomer/odometer sold by Baja Designs.

The kit instructions do say that turning the ignition switch off turns everything off.

The kit instructions don't go into any details on using an Acewell unit, but tells you to call Baja Designs if you want info on it.

Myself, if I were going to go with one of the digital units, I'd probably go with the Acewell sold by Baja Designs because the power connector is already there.

My Vapor came with the bike, but I am with you, if I were going with new one, the Acewell looks nice with the indicator lights and all. Nice looking product.

Any speedo should work with the BajaD kit. When ordering just tell them you need an accessories lead that is only hot when the kit is on. They can easily set that up on their front harness. They sell ICOs and Acewells, have them package it up so it's plug and play.:lol: