Sign in to follow this  

STR - Footpeg Lowering Kit

This mod is on crf's only it lowers the pegs but keeps them in the same position (front to back). I have a set of Pro moto billet (fastway pegs) F5 in the low boy position. Does anyone know if the 2 mod are compatable together, The STR footpeg lowering bracket and the Fastway F5 pegs in the lowboy position. My knees are shot and don't bend much. Thanks for any help.

From the looks of the STR componets I see no reason why this would not work. How do the Fastway pegs mount in the 'lowboy' position. It's hard to tell from the pix is it an off set hole in the peg for the pivot pin? How much does it lower it?

ST O.D.

i think the lowboy peg is 1/2 in. lower and 1/2 in. back. I have been useing them on all my bike for years and i love them. The collar goes in one side for std. hieght and the other for the lower position. It looks like the Str lower foot peg bracket uses a longer pin and i didn't know if the spring on the F5 pegs would reach the bracket.

Im 6'3" was looking at these in addition to my Fastway pegs in the low position but the review says it will not work.

"This kit is easy to install and works well with the stock pegs but does not work with the Fastway F3 aftermarket pegs."

Sure looks like it should work, the Fastway pegs use the stock mounts and if these low mounts fit the stock pegs... but I guess not

i think the reason mabe the hook on the spring is not long enough to reach the bracket after the pegs are droped down in the bracket, where on stock brackets the peg don't drop down as far and the hook on the peg spring goes over the top of the bracket. We should be able to come up with some kind of fix so we can use both.

If the lowering bracket uses the stock pegs then i will have to check if it is some way to use the stock springs with the fastway peg and lowering bracket.

If your knees are bad I dont think that super low pegs are going to help. The lower your feet are to the ground the better chance they have of being ripped off the pegs by a rut or something, and that hurts the hell out of my knees. I could only imagine someone with bad knees from the start. Just something to think about

when the knees are as bad as we talk about with arthritis trying to race is out, just trying to keep riding is the task and they will not bend enough to set on the seat or allow you to stand up. So you have have to lower the pegs and raise the seat, sometime just 1 inch can be the differance of riding a few minutes or a hour.