'69 Suzuki TC120 Cat

Hi all, newbie here with a 1st post. I am restoring a TC120 and don't have a manual with fluid specs in it. I have searched the forums here without success. Can anyone tell me the quantities and oil types required for the forks and transmission for this bike? If anyone has a link to a manual, I would appreciate that too as all I have is the Clymer Vintage 2-stroke manual that does not have much detail on this bike. Thanks for any help you may have.

Hey Ion, check PM. I still can't get to my PC that has the manuals on it to see if I have it. Later today, I hope...

Well, the rebuild is complete and here are the pics. Let me know what you think. It runs well and is a fun little ride.

DL

Replaced the pics.......

Suzuki1Custom.jpg

Suzuki2Custom.jpg

Suzuki3Custom.jpg

Suzuki4Custom.jpg

Edited by Ionic
  • Like 1

I added the pics back. Don't know what happened to them in the 1st place.

Nice Bike.

Who did your seat ?

I have a 70 Suzuki TS250 and I want to recover the seat in the stock pattern and it is similar to yours.

Thanks.

i just got a 120 cat also not nearly as nice but it has good chrome i think it will restore real nice .

Sorry for the delay in reply to the seat question. I got no notice that the thread had updated. The seat material is from eBay and I paid an interior guy to put it on nicely. He added foam as needed to make the fit correct. It does look good and seats well. I did not put the chrome back on it as I like it as it is!

Hi Ionic

what great job on the TC120, I have bought one myself for $100 the only problem being is the Headlight , muffler guard and Carburettor boot is perished. I hope I can bring it back to its former glory.

IMG_11541.JPG

Hi everyone. New to the post. In the process of restoring a suzuki tc120 trail cat. Manufacture date 7/70. I need a cylinder as the exhaust threads are boogered on mine. Found a donor on eBay but it's a 1969 model. Can anyone help me? Need to know if the 69 cylinder will fit on my bike. Also, as I do not have a title, from my experience, halfway through model year is usually the next year model so is it safe to say it's a 71 model? Also, the donor engine serial number starts with the letter KT and the engine serial number on my bike starts with TC. Just need to know if I can use that cylinder on my bike. Thank you.

Tom

Great looking restoration! Takes me back to 1970 when I first saw Suzuki 120. Well done!