Sign in to follow this  

Best cornering dvd imo

I've bought about every dvd that Gary has put out. But, his dvd Mx Corner Speed-Beyond the Basics has taken me to another level. I had to watch it a couple times and then a light went off. It's helped me cut my lap times quite a bit. I used to kind of struggle with deep ruts in the corners, not much anymore. The bigger the ruts, the better I'll do in my motos since most riders struggle with them. There is 1 key tip in it too that will save a rider a lot of energy while cornering in ruts.

Anyway, if your looking for an edge with your cornering this is the dvd. Hope it helps you guys as much as it did me.

I've watched or own mostly every training video you can find from Gary's to Shane Watt's.

When I didn't know how to ride, I use to watch them over and over again. I memorized the skills and was able to take those and move them onto the track. The problem is, just because you KNOW how to do something, doesn't mean you CAN do it on track. I know knowledge is half the battle, but honestly, to me the whole battle is seat time. If you wanna learn how to go quicker, you just gotta ride more.

Ohh and I really like Shane Watt's volume 1 and 2. They're just good at teaching the drills you should work on when your not on the track. Part of those drills is exactly what your talking about now.

My son and I just watched this video today since we can't ride. Snowing like crazy! :lol: Must be nice to be able to ride all year. "lift front tire out of rut to the inside after the exit dex" is another tip he might be referring too. Lots of good stuff in it though.

The Bug

My son and I just watched this video today since we can't ride. Snowing like crazy! :lol: Must be nice to be able to ride all year. "lift front tire out of rut to the inside after the exit dex" is another tip he might be referring too. Lots of good stuff in it though.

The Bug

That is one of them. Saves a lot of energy.

I've watched or own mostly every training video you can find from Gary's to Shane Watt's.

When I didn't know how to ride, I use to watch them over and over again. I memorized the skills and was able to take those and move them onto the track. The problem is, just because you KNOW how to do something, doesn't mean you CAN do it on track. I know knowledge is half the battle, but honestly, to me the whole battle is seat time. If you wanna learn how to go quicker, you just gotta ride more.

Ohh and I really like Shane Watt's volume 1 and 2. They're just good at teaching the drills you should work on when your not on the track. Part of those drills is exactly what your talking about now.

Perfect practise makes perfect. I think seat time is great but it's as much an opportunity to learn the wrong way to do something as the right way.

Perfect practise makes perfect. I think seat time is great but it's as much an opportunity to learn the wrong way to do something as the right way.

I agree with you, I was lucky to have friends that rode and told me straight up the do's and dont's. I never experienced trying to learn how to ride WITHOUT support and I understand the validity of the DVD's for sure! I have almost every training disk you can buy, just missing a few of Gary's disks cuz they're harder to find used, as I can't afford them new... :lol:

I particularly liked the bit about braking technique; it's that kind of detail that I'm after. Of course now I have to wait 3 months for the Canadian winter to pass before I can practise on the track, but I can guarantee when my gf isn't home I'll be on the bike in the garage doing those drills on the stand. lol

Did Gary Semics himself just bust up in this thread and say thank you, or did I just imagine it? Nope he definitely did. Gary, I have watched a lot of video since getting back into MX and yours are the best by far. I know exactly which video the OP is talking about. I also enjoyed that one the most, but someone said it best, nothing will teach like the seat time!

I know that when I first was practicing and watching the form and how to video's, I would take everything so literally...Like it would psych me out to where I would find myself overthinking my form instead of paying attention to the turn I'm coming up to at the top of 3rd :lol: One of the best things you can do is reboot your posture every once in a while but feel the bike and the moment, and let it do it's thing. Overthinking is critical.