Sign in to follow this  

350 mapping confusion

these previous threads are somewhat confusing. mabey im slow to understand. anyways i took my 2011 350 to the dealer and asked for 2012 mapping. they downloaded the map into the ecu? and sold me and installed the switch kit with the 2 position switch on the bar and the dial from 0 to 10 under the seat. my understanding is that on the number 1 position on the handle bar switch i have stock 2012 mapping, with the switch on the 2 poition it brings the dial under the seat into play. this does not change fuel mapping - only ignition timing. 0 on the dial is standard, 1 is mild. 2 is agressive. 3-9 is also standard. i would assume that number 2 on the handle bar and 0 on the under seat dial would be the same as 1 on the handlebar and any number on the under seat dial. confused yet?? will be riding this weekend. cant wait to experiment. im hoping that the mild setting will be as mild or milder then my stock 11 without the switch. just cause half my riding is single track. im motoing this weekend so im hoping the bike on aggressive mode will be much quicker then the stock 11 nd even quicker then a 12 model without the switch?? am i right about all this or way out of the ball park? the switch on the bar and under the seat are ktm parts. the 12 mapping changes the fuel mixture and the switches adjust ignition timing?

im confused why you have an under the seat switch along with the bar mount. I think you would want one or the other as I have no idea of the benefit for both.

ya the switch(s) is for ignition timing only.

I wish i could give you an accurate report on the new 12 code but I didnt ride my bike for 2 months before i updated it(in repairs). I ride with a dealer that cant tell the difference either way.

the bar mount and the under seat dial come in the same package. i think and woul like some one to confirm that the bar mount switch in position 1 eliminates the under seat setting. in position 2 it puts the under seat dial into play. essentialy the bar mount is an on off switch for the under seat dial. bar mount position one gives me 2012 fuel mapping cause they flashed my ecu, and stock timing. position 2 gives me the 12 fueling and a different ignition timing. just called the tech who did it, im right!! no longer confused. well mabe a little confused . he called the fuel mapping download ' ust agressive mapping' i assume this is 12 mapping cause thats what i asked for!

I havent had mine flashed for 12 mapping, but when i use mine switch in the bars it switches form the standard setting, and whatever i have selected under the seat

ya i have the sicass thing. not sure if im completely sold on it. there are times i run mild in the woods but stock probably is the best all around. not sure if wild is necessary.

ya i have the sicass thing. not sure if im completely sold on it. there are times i run mild in the woods but stock probably is the best all around. not sure if wild is necessary.

Well-what do you expect-for sure stock is best all around but that's what the switch is for: Depending on your needs you can change the way your motor runs which i really appreciate a lot.

i got what i was expecting but for me Im not sure if i care. the handlebar mount is ugly to me.

well - if you have time to look at your handlebar-switch and care about how it looks during the ride you obviously won't need it anyway;)

Must have struck a nerve. I'm not calling you out for liking the thing, just not for me. Communication barriers

No communicaton barrier here.it just seems you didn't notice the smiley in my previous reply:thumbsup: