Sign in to follow this  

dry revving at high rpms

just got done breaking in my rm 125, put it threw 3 heat cycles and rode it for a while before getting onto it. Now riding in the snow it sounds like its dry revving when im getting onto it. The jetting seems to be good and the bike is completely warmed up. what could it be?

its hard to explain, it sounds like it does when you rev the motor before its warmed up all the way, but even though its warmed up it still does it

If you are riding it in the snow that means that you are also riding it in very cold temps. And because the air is more dense when it's cold your jetting needs to account for the change in air density from summer to winter. So, did you re-jet for the cold temps? If not then there's your problem ~ your current jetting is too lean.

It has nothing to do with your mix ratio. 32:1 is a perfectly acceptable mix ratio, so don't change it, but do something about your jetting.

just went out and checked the plug and it is pitch black, and spooge all over the rear fender. the jetting was rich to begin with in the summer, and i think after the rebuild the jetting got even richer. could running rich cause this? i dont have to put the choke on to start the bike either