Do you think Kawi would use it??

I was thinking of sending them a tube of grease. Of course, I would have to explain to them what it is!! I'm guessing one tube from me might double the amount they use on an entire model year run of our KXF's. Maybe their entire line!

I am ashamed to say I did not tear down my 09 250f when I bought it new in late 09. Just filled it with gas and rode it like I stole it. I read Pr1malR8gw's article on how and why to do it.......... I just didn't do it. ? My advice to any new bike owner. DO IT !! I've done the wheel bearings 3 times. Next is the stearing head. I was amazed how little grease was in the entire rear suspension. The swing arm bolt was actually rusted. My bearings were all ok, but dry or gumed up. Pulled out the needles in every bearing, cleaned them up and used the 8:2 mix Pr1malR8gw suggested. Glad I caught it before the damage set in. Now I have to wait until tomorrow to get the correct 42 pilot jet from my dealer. He sold me one that does not fit. The threads are in the wrong spot on the jet. All in all....I still love the Kawi's.

No one would love it more than me if the bikes were properly greased, but it´s not gonna happen and I can sort of understand that.

When assembling thousands and thousands of motorcycles day in and day out, the cost, time and clean-up after slobbering with all that grease would not add any for Kawasaki, just cost them more, which in the end we as customers will have to pay for. Kawi keeps their assembly line clean.

I used to work in a KTM dealer and we would grease evertyhing and use dielectric grease etc on every bike we put on the floor. Most people didn't understand the big selling point in time we were saving them, but we felt better about selling them the bike. Even if it cost us a sale in bearings down the road.