Sign in to follow this  

Neck Brace

Hey guys. Ive noticed that more and more people are running/switching to the Alpinestar BNS or the Leatt Pro from the normal Leatt Club II. Is this saying something about the Club II? Which one should I get? (I dont have the money for a pro.)

The kid I was riding with who broke the first two vertebrae in his neck last month and would be dead or paralyzed without the Leatt he was wearing would disagree that it's just "bling".

The ability to walk and breathe is more important than a couple of hundred $s. Buy a neck brace, you won't even notice it when you're riding. The Astars line is affordable and very comfortable.

You ever think that he may not have been injured at all if he wasn't wearing it. It is possible the the brace placed additional loads on the neck that would not have been there otherwise.

i've got a feeling that this is gonna turn into another neck brace or no neck brace thread. i've had both the astars and a leatt, like them both. i don't wear one at all now, just cause i don't like the way they restrict movement with me. i've crashed with both and crashed without either one just as hard. i don't know whether or not i would've been hurt worse by wearing one or not wearing one. just try both on and see which you like best. sizing is more important than which neck brace you buy.

post something useful or dont post....squid

same goes, asshat:thumbsup:

Lets not turn this into a brace or not to brace subject. If you wanna put your input in on what the op is asking then go ahead. He clearly wants a brace so you don't need to put your crap of dont buy one on here. There are other threads that may be more suitable for that. GEEEEZ

Now back to the op's question. I just wonder if the reason your seeing more of the pro braces instead of the club is because ppl are now selling theirs and getting new once. Thus more people are able to buy a second hand one for cheaper whereas they used to not be able to afford them. Just my thinking, I'm not sure. I still only see the club braces around where I ride. No extra money for carbon fiber and a few ounces here and there. Long as it protects is all that matters.

Edited by JohnKX250F
fat fingers lol

I got the Leatt pro myself because I got it for $350 new, but other than that there is no reason to get the pro unless your rich or sponsored. The Club 2 and Club 3 are the same thing, just different materials.

You ever think that he may not have been injured at all if he wasn't wearing it. It is possible the the brace placed additional loads on the neck that would not have been there otherwise.

He augered into the ground headfirst wide open in 4th after hitting a foot-tall prairie dog mound hidden in the undergrowth. The brace did what it was designed to do and saved his life. Period. As the Wu-Tang preach, "Protect ya neck".

He augered into the ground headfirst wide open in 4th after hitting a foot-tall prairie dog mound hidden in the undergrowth. The brace did what it was designed to do and saved his life. Period. As the Wu-Tang preach, "Protect ya neck".

While you state this as a fact, it is actually your opinion. :lol:

While you state this as a fact, it is actually your opinion. :lol:

:)

Leatt just came out with a Club 3. Motosport has it but they arent shipping yet. Im gonna go witht hat because it has a lower profile like the Astar and pro, but still has the full adjustability of any leatt.