Sign in to follow this  

Which extended fuel screw

Hi all. Just picked up a 2001 DRZ400 Kicker.

Totaly stock in every way..still has stock chain and sprockets on it

Been reading about everything on this bike and doing all the fixes on it.

Wanting to get the Extended fuel screw and there seems to be a different one for the S/Sm. Which one do I need to fit the FCR carb?

Also the current jetting is still stock too...have moved to the 5th clip, added the 3X3 mod, Uni Filter. What MJ do I need to go to for the moment at 500ft elv.

Got a whole list of farkles to order tomorrow (Unabiker guards 1st thing) and want to get the extended fuel screw too.

go for and R&D Flex Jet remote fuel screw..http://shop.thumpertalk.com/catalogs/Parts_Unlimited_Offroad_2009/default.asp?p=817

FLEX-TECH.jpg

160 main jet

200 main air jet

100 pilot air jet

EMN needle clip 3 or stock DXP needle clip 5

45 pilot jet

2.25 turns fuel screw

Remove the coast enrichener.http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=726110&highlight=coast+enrichener+removal

Join the ports on the carb together with a left over piece of hose and cap the port on the head..

The CE over time tends to become inconsistent..It can stick,the rubber deteriorates and can cause jetting issues...

Removing it simplifies the jetting of the low speed circuit... ...

EDIT...Eric beat me on the fuel screw by a poofteenth of a second...lol..:lol:

Hi all. Just picked up a 2001 DRZ400 Kicker.

Totaly stock in every way..still has stock chain and sprockets on it

Been reading about everything on this bike and doing all the fixes on it.

Wanting to get the Extended fuel screw and there seems to be a different one for the S/Sm. Which one do I need to fit the FCR carb?

Also the current jetting is still stock too...have moved to the 5th clip, added the 3X3 mod, Uni Filter. What MJ do I need to go to for the moment at 500ft elv.

Got a whole list of farkles to order tomorrow (Unabiker guards 1st thing) and want to get the extended fuel screw too.

The reason there is a different mixture screw for the S/SM is that they have a constant velocity 36mm mikuni carby and your bike would have the flat slide 39mm keihin carb , greg

:lol: I should have known that...all the reading I have done about the different carbs and that didn't even register in my mind.

Thanks.

your bike has an old style "slant" fcr carb like mine (2000 kicker). I'm not sure if the same fuel screws fit the old style as the new style fcr mx carbs?

R&D Flex Jet remote fuel screw fits both carbs

This only applies with THIS brand and style fuel screw..

The fixed length one piece ones are different depending on if you’re talking FCR slant (old style ) or FCR MX (new style)

Edited by E.Marquez
Edited for clarity

This only applies with THIS brand and style fuel screw..

The fixed length one piece ones are different depending on if you’re talking FCR slant (old style ) or FCR MX (new style)

You sure..? not agreeing / disagreeing with ya :banghead::)

but I have identical flex jets on both my Z's ...Fcr and mx versions..:lol:

You sure..? not agreeing / disagreeing with ya :cheers::)

but I have identical flex jets on both my Z's ...Fcr and mx versions..:lol:

Exactly.. That is exactly what I said above :banghead:

I am sure.. this advice you gave is correct and ONLY applies to the FLEX Jet, NOT a one piece fuel screw,, which is not interchangeable between an FCR Slant and a FCR MX