Sign in to follow this  

European test of the Enduro Range of 2012 huskys...

Euro info on the 2012 Enduro range...

http://www.motoblog.it/post/33747/husqvarna-gamma-enduro-2012-il-test-di-motoblog#continua

husky_14.jpg

refering to the TE310...

...is the bike that the Frenchman Antoine Meo wanted for the E2 class. Embodies the effectiveness of a rare balance between performance, weight and handling

- i could not agree more. the x-light platform is the real deal.

I have great faith that someone here knows how to post an english version. Otherwise its just some more photos.

Translated by Google:

The test Husqvarna continues, and after having been told of the Cross line 2012 , we went up on the main range of enduro coming , the WR250 and TE310 . As it is easy to see versions of the world's top 2 and 4 stroke enduro, with the excellent base that led TE310 Antoine Meo for the title of the 2011 class E2.

Once again it is Lorenzo Savadori to take the test for Motoblog. For the few who do not know, Lawrence is currently a pilot of the FIM Superstock 1000 championship, but has already swept the Rookies Cup title in 2010, an Italian and a European 125GP in 2008, before joining in the World Championship in 2009 and 2010 125 , and run up to the unusual jump in the Superstock season just ended.

Lorenzo is a guy who trains so much with the cross, but it is provided will also be happy to taste the 2012 Husky enduro, motorcycle renovated a lot compared to previous versions but not rivoluzionatee, difficult to exploit and master in short shifts of 15 minutes for each bike, but certainly enough to give a general idea of ​​the product and above all to compare with other bikes tested in one day.

TE310: is the bike that the Frenchman Antoine Meo wanted for the E2 class. Embodies the effectiveness of a rare balance between performance, weight and handling with a more affordable price than the larger displacement models, despite major upgrades such as the new Kayaba monoshock and a completely redesigned exhaust system.

The engine is closely derived from that developed for the TE250, but much more compact design combines power and torque by means of an increase in capacity to 302.4 cc (bore and stroke 82 x 57.35 mm), and a different system Exhaust specifically developed to further improve the performance version of the 2012 TE310. The basic design is unchanged.

WR250: 2-stroke is a classic off-road, and adapt to the range 2012: frame painted in black, silver anodised Excel rims and graphics redrawn as sisters. The single-beam frame made of chrome moly version of the WR250 in 2012 is updated stain now black instead of white, and remains overall unchanged in the technical specifications.

The two-stroke engines have typically less linear delivery of large single-cylinder four-stroke, but they excite many fans that are irreplaceable. Husqvarna engineers after many years of continuous development, have transformed the aggression in effectiveness. Merit of skilful touches to the thermodynamics, the cylinder, the expansion of the exhaust, the adoption of the same parts as original equipment tested by the special workshop.

Lorenzo keen to start by saying that it is a great handle with the enduro, the majority of his training takes place exclusively in cross-track and has not happened very often impassable dirt roads to deal with out of the classic circuit in clay. Having said that rose with enthusiasm on the main versions two and four times the price list, once again discovering the features that have enchanted in a cross.

"The feeling is to drive motorcycles structurally similar to specimens from a cross, not so much because they look like, but because of the strong points is the same than the enduro bike with no lights Husqvarna. Chassis and engine breathtaking really lively version 2 stroke, 4 stroke less so in which remains the most balanced and most of all easy to drive.

The frame has a particularly important role in the dynamics, the TE310 is that of WR 250. Starting from two-stroke, this element is to give a lot of confidence, then joined the Kayaba suspension already perfectly calibrated in the standard configuration, once gave me a lot of confidence. The cycling behavior of the whole area is very predictable and therefore easier to conduct.

The engine, being a 4-stroke, is particularly sweet in the delivery and take turns at all, do not get too attached to the gear lever because it has a good reserve of torque throughout the delivery, while in terms of maximum power in this version I found it a bit 'of deficiency, an engine would have liked more mallebile too easy, but with a little' more power to exit the corners better or deal with quick strokes.

A different question for the WR250, you can really feel it is lighter and the two-stroke is a real fun. The WR250 is more reactive and physics in the guide, a loose cannon that a lot of fun, but very sharp delivery of the typical two-stroke pushing to use the whole upper part of the tachometer.

Cyclists is the same solid feel of the 310 four times, and Kayaba here work the same efficient manner, but in essence the pounds lighter feel and down by mule or sudden changes of direction in the WR makes a difference. It 'goes without saying that the two are much more gasanti time, but the TE310 is a motorcycle world champion and then studied to be more efficient in all conditions, and actually seems more exploitable "

Lorenzo has definitely looked the more objective point of view as possible on these new Husky 2012, and has clearly shown its strengths and weaknesses of each model, however, that one could not hide his love for you two times, that even in this test Enduro is the best engine of the lot, which slipped into the chassis already staggering number they give up.

As with CR125 in the test cross, also won the two-stroke internal comparison of WR250. A choice made with the heart and evaluating the degree of fun, but not necessarily an absolute rating, because the TE310 showed a balance greater than any other, an engine ready and delivery smooth and regular, and although it does not stimulate production of adrenaline as the duemmezzo, the bike is much more balanced in order to race in different conditions, so that Antoine Meo was able to make the most of this motion to bring the title E2 2011.

Merits and Flaws

- Handling WR250

- WR250 Supply

- Balance and ease of driving TE310

Do not Like It

- Little power TE310

I have great faith that someone here knows how to post an english version. Otherwise its just some more photos.

Most browsers will translate to whatever you need. Google Chrome does it automatically.

Most browsers will translate to whatever you need. Google Chrome does it automatically.

Yeah, but they do a poor job of it.

Yeah, but they do a poor job of it.

Agreed. These translations are sometimes good for comic relief but that's about it.

Agreed. These translations are sometimes good for comic relief but that's about it.

I can usually get about 95% of what they are trying to say.

Still needing info on the TXC310. I saw nothing there. Thanks anyhow.

I rode a 2012 with a PC pipe and it flat ruled. Fast and handled amazing. EFI was the best of the stock x-lights I have sampled. What would you like to know?

I rode a 2012 with a PC pipe and it flat ruled. Fast and handled amazing. EFI was the best of the stock x-lights I have sampled. What would you like to know?

Thanks, I need power that lets me ride a gear high in the woods. Senior rider who does not want to be at the rev limiter. I am faster in the woods on my XR4 than my CR250 2st. I go faster with smooth than frantic. 450's are too much, I just need to know if the bike handles well and I can use the power to help me, not fight it. But, I want enough. I don't like my friends KTM350 roost; gives me heartburn. Thanks.

Thanks, I need power that lets me ride a gear high in the woods. Senior rider who does not want to be at the rev limiter. I am faster in the woods on my XR4 than my CR250 2st. I go faster with smooth than frantic. 450's are too much, I just need to know if the bike handles well and I can use the power to help me, not fight it. But, I want enough. I don't like my friends KTM350 roost; gives me heartburn. Thanks.

It will have slightly less power than a KTM350 but will feel lighter and handle better. I have ridden both back to back (my TC250) and you will do fine with the 310. Sounds like the perfect bike for your needs.

DSCF0386-XL.jpg

It will have slightly less power than a KTM350 but will feel lighter and handle better. I have ridden both back to back (my TC250) and you will do fine with the 310. Sounds like the perfect bike for your needs.

Got a mate with a EXC350 & I've got a TE310 ( stripped to TXC spec, std exhaust etc, JD EFI ), we've done a few rides lately & been wheel to wheel a lot, the Kato has a bit more grunt, but there is nothing in it until he starts(slowly) pulling away in 4th ( I'm 13/52 ), it might be setup of his PDS but cornering my Husky is definitely more stable rear suspension wise & it might be rider but I can out brake & out corner him ( I think it's a bit of both ).

My take is they are both great bikes, I'd definitely pick the Kato for maintenance but in terms of actual riding the pros & cons almost cancel each other out ( Kato climbs better, Husky turns better, Kato has a very mellow bottom easier on roots, Husky has quicker engine response, Kato has clear tank, Husky has a very low centre of gravity & it goes on ).

My take is they are both great bikes, I'd definitely pick the Kato for maintenance...

Can you elaborate on this?

I am considering a 310 for HS.

I was also deciding between a KTM 350 xc and 310 TXC. I was coming off a KTM 300 and wanted to go back to a 4-stroke. I got to test ride both bikes and instantly knew I was buying the Husky. Best handling bike I've owned. Have been riding bigger bore bikes for years and find the 310 has plenty of power. Only had it a short while but maintainance seems easy to me.

I got to test ride both bikes and instantly knew I was buying the Husky. Best handling bike I've owned.

Yep. :lol:

Only had it a short while but maintainance seems easy to me.

Very. Not sure what kiwiklx as i can't imagine it being much EZer.

Can you elaborate on this?

I am considering a 310 for HS.

It's a relative thing, the air cleaner on the te310 requires removing the battery, which for me anyway involves undoing the leads, taking the cable ties off & taking the whole thing out, then it's easier with one of the side covers off, but easy is a relative comment, it's a tight fit.

The Kato has the battery in a separate compartment, the entire air filter replacement is tool free & very fast.

Changing oil is a pain with the recirculating oil lead connected to the sump plug ( check the CH threads on that one ).

From there not alot in it & KTM have issues with cheaper components at the moment, check out how easy is it to dent the rims on the 2012's ( they went lighter ).

It's a trade off and put it this way even though I'd prefer to work on a KTM, my next bike will be a txc310.

It's a relative thing, the air cleaner on the te310 requires removing the battery, which for me anyway involves undoing the leads, taking the cable ties off & taking the whole thing out, then it's easier with one of the side covers off, but easy is a relative comment, it's a tight fit.

The Kato has the battery in a separate compartment, the entire air filter replacement is tool free & very fast.

Changing oil is a pain with the recirculating oil lead connected to the sump plug ( check the CH threads on that one ).

From there not alot in it & KTM have issues with cheaper components at the moment, check out how easy is it to dent the rims on the 2012's ( they went lighter ).

It's a trade off and put it this way even though I'd prefer to work on a KTM, my next bike will be a txc310.

Thank you for clarifying:thumbsup:

I'm interested in the TXC250 and TXC310 but everywhere I look for Weight, HP, or Torque information comes up with "N/A" or 242lbs.???

Really? That's heavier than a 450f MX bike.

Does anyone know where I can find good info?

should be 233lbs. Husky doesn't publish hp/torque specs, but then most mfg's don't either. You won't be disappointed in the TXC310. The 250 is nice too, but I own a TE310, so... :lol:

I'm interested in the TXC250 and TXC310 but everywhere I look for Weight,

Bike feels VERY light while riding, lighter than most anything but a 125. there is no issue there.