European test of the Enduro Range of 2012 huskys...

The battery on the TXC 250/310 doesn't need the leads disconnected to get it out of the way for filter maintenance. Just have a medium sized towel and drape it over the exposed subframe and then rotate the battery after you cut the tie wrap off the leads (if you're into making sure that battery doesn't end up in your filter) so that it lays inverted on the towel rather then the positive terminal contacting the sub frame. Pull filter out while biting your tongue and crossing your middle toes and wala, no biggie.

Yes the KTM is a tad easier there, but that's really splitting hairs. Yes the oil change is a bit more cumbersome on the TXC310 (not 250) but it's not over the top difficult at least.

Thank you for clarifying:thumbsup:

I'm interested in the TXC250 and TXC310 but everywhere I look for Weight, HP, or Torque information comes up with "N/A" or 242lbs.???

Really? That's heavier than a 450f MX bike.

Does anyone know where I can find good info?

242 sounds about right, my te310 was 257 with roughly 1/3 of a gallon of gas gone ( my te won't be to far off a txc in weight ), weighed on cattle scales.

There might be 2kg in it 350 vs 310, but I seriously doubt you'll pick it right riding them.

I rode a 2012 with a PC pipe and it flat ruled. Fast and handled amazing. EFI was the best of the stock x-lights I have sampled. What would you like to know?
I'm currently riding a 2007 WR 450 Yamaha and mostly race in the deserts of Southern California....mostly the National Hare & Hound series and D-37 enduros........I'm 6'3" and 235 lbs.....can the 310 haul my fat arse around a 80-100 mile desert race?

I'm currently riding a 2007 WR 450 Yamaha and mostly race in the deserts of Southern California....mostly the National Hare & Hound series and D-37 enduros........I'm 6'3" and 235 lbs.....can the 310 haul my fat arse around a 80-100 mile desert race?

I would say for sure if you were asking about woods riding or anything we do in the NW but Dez racing is out of my range of advise. Sorry.

Lots of people like to look down their nose at the Yam WR450. They're wrong. With modest mods the bike is very capable at almost anything but MX or the extreme highest levels of Pro offroad. Rode some very tight woods this weekend in Louisiana and a B rider on an 06 steel framed WR450 schooled some good riders on an assortment of KTMs. Local Race Tech suspension and good carb tuning was all the mods he had. Very underated bike and totally dependable.

Lots of people like to look down their nose at the Yam WR450. They're wrong. With modest mods the bike is very capable at almost anything but MX or the extreme highest levels of Pro offroad. Rode some very tight woods this weekend in Louisiana and a B rider on an 06 steel framed WR450 schooled some good riders on an assortment of KTMs. Local Race Tech suspension and good carb tuning was all the mods he had. Very underated bike and totally dependable.

In the end it is always the rider. I'm just as fast on my 10 year old 03 GG250 is I am on my fancy new bikes.

This is my third one WR 450, and I'm a huge fan of Yamaha. But the mid sized thumpers intrigue me. I usta ride an XR 250 that was punched out to a 280 and that bike was an absolute blast to ride. If I do get another bike I'd like a plate, just not sure if the 310 has enough power to get me everywhere I go.

This is my third one WR 450, and I'm a huge fan of Yamaha. But the mid sized thumpers intrigue me. I usta ride an XR 250 that was punched out to a 280 and that bike was an absolute blast to ride. If I do get another bike I'd like a plate, just not sure if the 310 has enough power to get me everywhere I go.

Thats my thought. Sure wish they would have made it a 350 like the competition.

Thats my thought. Sure wish they would have made it a 350 like the competition.

I keep hearing rumors that the AMA will make 350cc bikes mandatory for the bigger bike class for Super Cross and Motocross series. I kinda wish this would happen to force the Japanese to build a 350.