Question on how to bypass my XR650L kickstand safety switch

I've read multiple threads on bypassing the kickstand safety switch on a XR650L. I have a 2006 model that is less than a week old to me so I'm still orientating myself to the outside and inside guts of this machine.

But for the life of me (maybe it's too much Tryptophan), without pictures or a video, I've attained my 'brain lizard' and can't figure out what and where exactly is the 'clutch switch' on my bike, where is the best place to ground this switches' two wires that the instructions tell me I have to cut in order to complete this task correctly, and exactly what parts are best to remove from the existing Kickstand's configuration (such as the kickstand's switch half-moon shaped cover, all wiring up the left side from this switch to what demarcation point, etc.) for weight savings (albeit minimal) and clutter cleanup?

Everything that I've read posted on this subject on this forum, 4strokes, and advrider, has been words with no visuals. Which is great if you've been around this bike for awhile. And yes, I've ordered the Clymer manual but I don't want to wait for it as I've got some time off over the next couple of days due to the holiday. Can anyone assist me with some pictures and instructions so that I don't have a $200 electrical cleaning bill from having to take my bike in to the local Honda service department from my future botched attempt?

Note that I've read the pros and cons of removing this bike's (or any motorcycle's for that matter) safety features but for my personal riding style, I'd like to circumvent what might be deemed an inevitable scenario of the kickstand's safety switch making my bike cut off at an inopportune time.

I'd hold off a bit if I was you. One week isn't much. My clutch drags just enough that finding neutral at a stop is darned difficult. So I have developed the habit of coming to a stop, dropping the stand - which kills the engine, engage neutral, then switch off and get off.

Look at a schematic and see if the switch is normally open or closed, then you know whether you need to short it out or insulate it.

I have been in several situations on the trail where the sidestand safety switch was a pain in the butt! Being able to drop the bike in gear and roll off the sidestand or being able to start the bike in gear with the sidestand down is sometimes a good thing. I am seriously considering doing away with it on my bike.

The clutch safety switch is on the clutch perch where 2 wires plug in. Disconnect those two wires from the perch and connect them together. I used a short piece of wire to connect them together, then taped it up and zip tied it out of the way. For the kickstand switch the wires were cut and spliced together and tucked under the seat (courtesy of the PO). I don't know this for a fact but i've heard that if you connect the 2 clutch safety wires together that you do not need to even touch the kickstand switch because it has been disabled.

I did these mods because i like to warm the bike up for a minute or two without having to sit on it. Also not having to shift into neutral to start the bike is awesome if you stall it on some tecniqual trail or flame out at red light. I sit on the bike everytime with my foot on the rear brake before i start it so i am not afraid of it running away if i forget to kick out of gear. Sorry i can't get any pics up but it is really straight forward.

for clearing up where those two pesky wires were. I also read that you have to ground these wires in order to circumvent the entire safety systems. If I were to do this, where on the bike, specifically, would I do this?