Sign in to follow this  

Fix bent rim???

Can a slightly bent rim be fixed? it still holds air and got me home no problem. Its only on one side too. If not I will be looking for a rear rim. 2001 XR 650L. thanks for the replies and AWESOME board!!

Yes a rim can be fixed if its dented got my daughters kx65 rim straightened out the dealership took care of it dont know where they sent it though.

You can bend them a little, but you can't really undo it. The best I've done is using a big crescent wrench to bend the lip of the rim back.

On the dirt even a large ding really isn't to much of an issue. On the pavement it's a lot more noticeable.

i had an XT600 with pre bent rims and a DR650 that i bent the rims and i used a rubber mallet:bonk: and a little care and it seemed to be ok,:lol: then i checked the spokes n trueness and no serious problem......... that will teach me to hit a bigass pothole thinking it was a puddle though........:)

COOL !! thanks for the help. I will try to bend it back when i change tires. I didnt notice it on the ride home so it must not be too bad.

COOL !! thanks for the help. I will try to bend it back when i change tires. I didnt notice it on the ride home so it must not be too bad.

There used to be a place that advertised in cycle mags for repairing bent wheels.