Sign in to follow this  

Supercross Ryan Villopotos kx450f worth $34,500. and he has 8 of them

http://espn.go.com/action/fmx/story/_/id/7265906/espn-magazine-breaks-ryan-villopoto-monster-energy-kawasaki they did a brief look over of ryans 2012 450 and its worth $34,500 he has one for racing. one for testing, 6 for practice, and then imagine all the identical parts they have to fix each one probably 2 times over. oh and add in the price its worth stock they throw out and all they keep stock is, radiators, engine control unit, fender, throttle body and seat

I thought the race bikes would be worth more than that, i wouldn't think his practise bikes would be as much

The suspension he has is priceless, unobtainable. $10k is so far from the truth. It's 10K just for A kit suspension from any large suspension shop.

A similar estimation was done on a Carmichael bike several years ago. It was around 100k if I remember right. So I'd guess RVs KX is in that ballpark.

I think his leg modification is probably more! :lol:

my bike would be "valued" at 100k too if I could write it on the expense side my taxes

Edited by highmarker

Why would you need 6 practice bikes ?

He rides probably 20-40hrs a week, at speeds that me and you will never reach. His practice bikes just wear out, frames stretch, etc etc. I'm suprised he doesn't have more bikes!

The 34500 is just parts, just imagine paying some of the best engineers and mechanics to make those parts work? how much per hour to make custom parts? all the testing and the staff involved when testing? serious serious money in his bike. i would say his race bike would probably be easy 150k with the labor and testing involved and maybe even more.

I always have to laugh when you ask a question and you get the reply he goes faster than you will ever go ? HMM i did not know someone put a limit on the speeds i am allowed to go ? You have no clue as to who i am other than a made up screen name yet you know i will never be able to go as fast as RV ?

I always have to laugh when you ask a question and you get the reply he goes faster than you will ever go ? HMM i did not know someone put a limit on the speeds i am allowed to go ? You have no clue as to who i am other than a made up screen name yet you know i will never be able to go as fast as RV ?

I hope I didnt hurt your feelings:smirk::lol:. If your faster the RV, RD, CR, JS etc etc, more power to you. If your a high caliber racer with some credibility, why hide though?

I will go out on a limb (a safe limb) and say your probably not as fast around a track as those mentioned above and others I havent. If you believe I put a limit to your speed though it might be possible to be as fast as they are, but I doubt it.

I remember a few years back when Ryan got roosted by one of our dirt track yamaha motors with Henry wiles on it that motor cost about $4000 Ryan asked him what it cost and was suprized.Tod Dehoop rode it that day also and said it was the perfect mx engine .Its still 95% rider when the bikes are @ the pro levell.

43K? That's cheap. Back in the day it was 100s of thousands:

http://www.mxworksbike.com/1989%20RC500.htm

1989_RC500_Rightside_750.jpg

Beautiful! :lol:

I think when they talk those big figure$, I don't think they are solely talking manufacture cost of one bike(material procurement, assembly, etc). I would think they average out all the engineering hours, cataloging of design, design/manufacture of tooling, and all the testing that goes into the first production units. Each of the bikes RV has are prolly not identical. They most likely are slightly different variants. I wouldn't suspect all of them to get an incredible amount of hours...but parts are parts, ya gotta have em.

So what you and others are saying is true then? The actual cost of the kx is 34,000?

I always hear how much bikes cost but now that I think about it a stupid diret bike is really going to cost 100k plus?

Why would you need 6 practice bikes ?

He probably has a few in California and a few in Florida.

:) More than likely, if you are a fast pro, you have something better to do than be on an internet forum and make posts like this.:lol: