Sick pit bike pic!!! Gotta check this out!

at the Pit Bike Nationals in Tomahawk, WV a couple years ago I was clearing the 80' table on a stock-mod 110, only Carl Schlat and I was hitting that on the stock mods, Browning was clearing that knarly downhill section on his full mod CHP 110. Good ole days

• 4 weeks later...
I saw alotta riders from around here up in that vid! PJ Dylewski, Carl Schlacht, Brent Hahn, Rob Buydos, Motoclown. Those WERE the good 'ol days of pit bikes! --L*64

I'm interested to know, do you guys care that the pit bike scene is dying? I know it was massive for a while before the economy turned to shit, but do you guys try and do your thing for the pitties anymore by heading out to races or anything. They are so much fun to ride, and having a bunch of guys racing against each other on them is epic. Really another dimension to riding motos. I'm hoping that the interest in them picks up again, as I enjoy riding them, but is that now a dream that may never prevail ??

I'm interested to know, do you guys care that the pit bike scene is dying? I know it was massive for a while before the economy turned to shit, but do you guys try and do your thing for the pitties anymore by heading out to races or anything. They are so much fun to ride, and having a bunch of guys racing against each other on them is epic. Really another dimension to riding motos. I'm hoping that the interest in them picks up again, as I enjoy riding them, but is that now a dream that may never prevail ??

"pitbikes" and racing is cyclictic , in the seventies we raced Rupp minbikes, and small z50z, then in the late 80s it was dads on yz50s and kx 60splus xr80/100s, then a rebirth on the late nineties with the xr50 and klx 110.

It will rebound and grow , but it will be different than the "buy every single shiny billet outdo your friends just for looks pitbikes, I think it will be the guys that lost their big bikes, or jobs that still want to race but will do it on a smaller scale.

With big bikes around 10K ,and racing in your blood, pitbikes seem to be the logical alternative.

Hey NCC, that is a couple of very good points that you make. My situation is similar in that I want to go racing again but want to do it on a budget, but dont want to have spend time in the gym every afternoon staying in good enough shape to go racing, and dont want to have to worry about any more serious injuries. I think the mini bike fits the bill perfectly, can race one with very little pressure and still have a blast doing it

Its not dying out up here... we get MASSIVE turn outs (talking about guys getting turned away due to full gates) to the pit bike events durring our indoor series in the winter. I myself dont like doing the big bike thing indoors. I dont have a pit bike but Ive been looking into purchasing one. I have quit a few riding buddies that dont even ride big bikes anymore but Ill be damned if they miss a pit bike event. Also have a few buddies that have more invested in thier pit bikes than I do in my big bikes, and take it to a national scale.

Hey, that is awesome. That is what I like to hear. I think this is definitely the case though, as far as if there are good tracks to ride and the club welcomes mini bikes, you get good turn outs. It's the tracks that are too big to be suitable to be ridden by mini bikes, or aren't mini bike friendly where the numbers will be very small and have little interest from those that ride mini bikes.

Hey, that is awesome. That is what I like to hear. I think this is definitely the case though, as far as if there are good tracks to ride and the club welcomes mini bikes, you get good turn outs. It's the tracks that are too big to be suitable to be ridden by mini bikes, or aren't mini bike friendly where the numbers will be very small and have little interest from those that ride mini bikes.

They actually have a pit bike indoor series up here that shows some really good support towards the crowds that show up. Its soo much fun to go watch these guys bang bars on these things. Some of the stock mod and full mod guys are extremely fast and turn some crazy fast lap times. Ive raced one time on a pit bike... borrowed a stock mod 110 from my buddy and got my ass handed to me!

The thing that drives me nuts are the smaller and close outdoor tracks in my area usually have open practices due to lack of numbers when split into groups, where everyone is on the track at the same time and there are plenty of pit bike riders out there. The problem is that they are just fast enough to get in the way and slow everyone else down. The young kids on their small bikes just out there for fun will get out of the way, but the really skilled pit bike guys want to ride the fast lines too. Big bike and small bike in the same line usually ends up bad. I tyr to show respect to everyone on the track and understand that everyone has a right to ride the track but when they scrub big jumps and stay in the middle of the track to hit the fast line it forces the big bikes to roll the jumps behind them lap after lap. Gets old pretty quickly and gets to some people more than others.

Although they irritate me at times, if they are keeping the money comming to the tracks, keeping the doors open and helping keep the tracks in good condition, they are supporting the sport. They have my support!:bonk:

They actually have a pit bike indoor series up here that shows some really good support towards the crowds that show up. Its soo much fun to go watch these guys bang bars on these things. Some of the stock mod and full mod guys are extremely fast and turn some crazy fast lap times. Ive raced one time on a pit bike... borrowed a stock mod 110 from my buddy and got my ass handed to me!

The thing that drives me nuts are the smaller and close outdoor tracks in my area usually have open practices due to lack of numbers when split into groups, where everyone is on the track at the same time and there are plenty of pit bike riders out there. The problem is that they are just fast enough to get in the way and slow everyone else down. The young kids on their small bikes just out there for fun will get out of the way, but the really skilled pit bike guys want to ride the fast lines too. Big bike and small bike in the same line usually ends up bad. I tyr to show respect to everyone on the track and understand that everyone has a right to ride the track but when they scrub big jumps and stay in the middle of the track to hit the fast line it forces the big bikes to roll the jumps behind them lap after lap. Gets old pretty quickly and gets to some people more than others.

Although they irritate me at times, if they are keeping the money comming to the tracks, keeping the doors open and helping keep the tracks in good condition, they are supporting the sport. They have my support!:bonk:

Yeah thats a real cool attitude you have. I am just entering the mini bike scene after getting the bug to ride again. I sold up all my bikes and retired from racing motocross due to too many injuries earlier this year, but am already wanting to ride again. I figure I can just have some fun and enter the odd race on a mini bike and just enjoy riding without being too serious. Looking forward to it actually, but I wouldnt be as kind as you are about having guys on pit bikes on a full size motocross track. Sure they wanna ride, but they shouldnt be out there with full size motocross bikes. I wouldnt even contemplate riding my pit bike during open practice, and I raced motocross for many years at a top level. It was always bad enough getting around C graders when out practicing cos they would change lines in the air and pull real dumb moves out on the track. Having pit bikes out there would just be ridiculous. Anyway, good to hear the pitbike scene thriving where you are, especially with an indoor series. That would be super cool.

Before I left for my deployment, the pitbike scene was blowing up on Oahu. There are now two tracks on Oahu for racing pitbikes... The pitbikes race on the same track as my son at Kahuku's. That was the sole reason for me buying a pitbike, now I get to ride with my son during practice. There are alot of Dad's who race pitbikes for this reason as well. We all race against each other, but mostly its more for fun than brag rights.