Sign in to follow this  

New Kenda 270's and.....

......hardly no traction on pavement. Will this improve as I ride some more? The rear has already slid around on me twice while taking off in a turn with very little throttle. It's kind of fun however, cause I don't need dirt to get a little sideways now! But sometimes things like this can bite you when you don't expect it.

Yes, the traction will improve. I run them on my girlfriends SM, at first I was like "holy fck, these tires are junk!" but as they broke in after a couple 100kms they are great. Give it some time.

Yes, the traction will improve. I run them on my girlfriends SM, at first I was like "holy fck, these tires are junk!" but as they broke in after a couple 100kms they are great. Give it some time.

Cool, they're quite smooth for the tread spacing, and do actually get enough grip off road to actually have some fun. It is kind of cool to grab some throttle and get the back end around some on pavement though!

it takes 50 miles or so of careful riding to get the mold release off the new tires before things tighten up...

The 5.10 rear has a flat crown profile, so as you lean it over you transition on to the tall (read flexible) side knobs which can give you a little wiggle you may not expect.

The 270s do need a "break in " as others have said. My first 5.10 rear lasted 5000 miles. My new one has some of the center knobs cracking at the base at 350 miles. Still waiting to hear back from Kenda about refund or a replacement tire. A great tire IMO for the money.