Sign in to follow this  

quick question about 144 or 167 kits

To tell you the truth man i've seen people go a long time on 144 top ends. And some that go less than a week. I personally think big bore kits are an awesome mod for the 125s.

The way i think of it is that on how good you maintence your bike, then your bike will reward you with awesome running.

And, one way i look at the big bores is that you if your constantly tapped out all the time, then your going to cause some wear,

Smaller the internal parts+ faster rpms and constant high rpms= wear and tear :lol:

Just my two cents

god bless and thanks!!

Alex

I Agree.

I have seen the same results with new OEM parts also. The well established 144cc kits are durable provided you do proper installation and maintenance.

Big bore kits along with porting and other engine mods get a bad rap among some people simply because they don't take the time to install or tune them properly.

You will have to re-jet the carb for big bore and/or stroker kits. Failure to do this could cause a lean condition and meltdown right away, or a rich condition that just never runs right.

While it's true that a big bore kit will put more stress on the crank and clutch, when they're done properly, the bike won't be any less "reliable". It will just wear out faster in those areas.

So if you have a worn out crank or other high hour wear parts crank bearings etc you better start from fresh and knowing what your doing helps. That said I've been liking my '06 gorr 144 I'm still on my orginal crank and I've owned the bike since new it was only a 125 for about 4 months of it's life and I've put a good amount of time on it.