Sign in to follow this  

looking at a 2004 cr125.. what are pro and cons of this year..

looking at a 2004 cr125.. what are pro and cons of this year.. I heard something about an electronic power valve, but really don't know much about these bikes. I had been looking more toward a yz but I found one on craigslist that looks fairly clean...

I just sold my 06 YZ450, decided to go 2 stroke again. I bought an 04 CR250 and also got an 04 cr125 that needed a complete rebuild. The 125 has little low end, but you keep the rmp's up and flick the clutch and it really rips! You will love it.

great chassis, but the motor is a 1 year deal. personally get a 05-07 or 02-03 and fix them up. Stay away from the 04

i personally owned a 04 cr 125. i would never buy another the eletronic power valve is a pain in the ass i could never ajust it "perfect" like on my 01. the carb i also had problems with because there is some eltronic peice of crap on it. and it also always had a little bog. my 01, in the long run was a better bike

well thanx guys... that answers my question.. I will keep looking for yz's or maybe a rm.. just looking to get a two stroke to ride when my 07 rmz250 blows...and i have never had a 2t i started riding full time late in life... my friends cr250 03 2t has way too much hit for my taste... i rode a friends yz 125 and i was slower but had i a smile on my face the entire time...