Sign in to follow this  

New Bike????

So Im thinking about getting a new bike ( 11 or 12 CRF450R)after deployment, but my other thoughts are to keep my 04crf450r and put some cash into it. The newer fuel injected models are getting better and better each year but it seems like Honda still has a lot of issues to work out. I love my 04 and I am by no means out riding the power of it. It seems like if I go out and buy a new bike then i will throw more money at it putting exhaust, triple clamps etc anyway.. Any thoughts???

Guess it depends on how much you want a new bike and how much cash you got to spend?? Im in the same boat. but waiting for Honda to do another redesign and see what happens. The 04 is still working great so why spend 10+ grand on something I may not like? Thats my thoughts. Maybe 2013 or 2014?

The newer bikes will no doubt handle better, but may be "cramped" for some riders. The '04 is a much physically bigger bike than than the newer bikes. If you're a real big guy you might not like the newer bikes.

But if you got your '04 really dialed in, a '12 could be a step down depending, regardless of your physical size.

The newer bikes will no doubt handle better, but may be "cramped" for some riders. The '04 is a much physically bigger bike than than the newer bikes. If you're a real big guy you might not like the newer bikes.

But if you got your '04 really dialed in, a '12 could be a step down depending, regardless of your physical size.

Ya thats the problem im running into, im 6' 3'' and 250lbs in gear so I already had to put stiffer fork and shock springs in my 04 and now its way better. I like the wider bikes, like i said Im not a good enough rider to really require a bike to handle better... I can turn just fine on my 04.lol