Sign in to follow this  

91kdx250 or 95rmx250

Okay guys, I have another thead going. It's regarding a 91kdx250. I presentLy have a 86xr250. Been wanting to change rides. So Ive got couple of people intErested in trading straight across. 1st bike is above mentioned 91kdx250 lowhours well mainTained. 2nd is a 95 rmx250 lightly used over the years. Which Would you guys recommend. I'm 45 240 lbs intermediate level, will be used for trails, harescrambles. Any input wOild be great. Thanks.

Both bikes will be a huge step up in performance over your XR. The Suzuki will be more modern technology than the Kawi. I would look both of them over very close and go with the one that has been cared for the best and the components are in the best shape,(chains, sprockets, tires, plastic, exhaust pipe, bars, etc.). Also see which one has aftermarket accessories that offset the deal (skid plate, bark busters, exhaust, etc.). Also, unless you know the history of the bikes I would plan on a top end rebuild before long just for piece of mind. If there is no compelling reason to choose one over the other, go with the Suzuki. Based on the thread about your son, it sounds like you are becoming a 2-stroke family... you’re going to love it!

CoKTM

thanks guys, im leaning towards the RMX. keep the replies coming i need some support in my decision. thanks, tony

RMX is the choice I would go with. The KDX250 had some funky ergos that wouldn't let you get up on the tank, that with the wide gas tank made turning it a chore. RMX has way more modern feel to it, and you can use RM parts for replacement if you ever need them. :lol: