Sign in to follow this  

Oregon Tillamook Burn ride report / conditions.

Rode out of Jordon creek, did most of that side and crossed the road to keening and stuff. No snow other than a trace at the top. Puddles were not bad. there is some blow down so if you have a saw bring it. Overall good conditions and even saw some sun for a few hours. :lol:

Nice, thanks for the report.

Thinking about hitting D Mill tomorrow and was wondering about conditions.

Nice, thanks for the report.

Thinking about hitting D Mill tomorrow and was wondering about conditions.

should be very good. :lol:

started to go out to d-mill yesterday, but we turned around after seeing big rain and went to hood river/mosier loop instead. Awesome conditions. Partly sunny until about 2 and then some light sprinkles until dark.

started to go out to d-mill yesterday, but we turned around after seeing big rain and went to hood river/mosier loop instead. Awesome conditions. Partly sunny until about 2 and then some light sprinkles until dark.

yeah DM was good Fri and Sat but a swamper on sun.

yeah DM was good Fri and Sat but a swamper on sun.

How would you know??? All you girls were supposed to be there, but NO... It's ok, Travis and I were content not hearing you girlies whine about the rain... :lol:

How would you know??? All you girls were supposed to be there, but NO... It's ok, Travis and I were content not hearing you girlies whine about the rain... :)

Call you two the shower boyz... :lol:

Nice and dry in the Hood... :banghead:

Call you two the shower boyz... :lol:

Nice and dry in the Hood... :)

Mudd drinks his own pee, everyone knows it, just like the sneering loser character from Billy Madison.

Sunday was a good ride. We might as well have had oars on the bikes. It POURED. Conditions were actually pretty nice in spots, downright soupy in others. Nothing like a good ride in a downpour to make you appreciate ideal conditions.

Nothing like a good ride in a downpour to make you appreciate ideal conditions.

Keep telling yourself that....won't help.

PDXHillBilly, Red_tx, and myself hit up d.mill today.. It was IMO the best conditions possible... Temp was mild, partly sunny, partly overcast, and no rain until we got back into the parking lot. We rode until almost sun-down, and had a great, exhausting day...

:lol:

PDXHillBilly, Red_tx, and myself hit up d.mill today.. It was IMO the best conditions possible... Temp was mild, partly sunny, partly overcast, and no rain until we got back into the parking lot. We rode until almost sun-down, and had a great, exhausting day...

:lol:

no more snow?

Came up on this blown out bridge... We only had hand saws, and a tow strap to cut and move stuff, but at least the trail is rideable now.. We also cleared most of the blowdown on DC...

Before:

img_20111129_125237.jpg

After:

img_20111129_132118.jpg

Happy Trails!!!

I think the funniest thing I saw was one place where we stopped to clear the trail. I look over at the treeline and there's an Elk standing ~50 feet away. After a few seconds of us looking at each other it just casually walks away. Maybe that was the one that angliagasser missed out on before.

I think the funniest thing I saw was one place where we stopped to clear the trail. I look over at the treeline and there's an Elk standing ~50 feet away. After a few seconds of us looking at each other it just casually walks away. Maybe that was the one that angliagasser missed out on before.

Oh boy, here we go again... :lol:

I agree though, I don't know how many times I have ridden my bike into a herd and had to rev my engine and act all loud to get them to move slightly off the trail. Elk have never been killed by a bike and simply don't seem to care. They have seen us for years and know we are no threat.

Oh boy, here we go again... :lol:

I agree though, I don't know how many times I have ridden my bike into a herd and had to rev my engine and act all loud to get them to move slightly off the trail. Elk have never been killed by a bike and simply don't seem to care. They have seen us for years and know we are no threat.

If you stop and get off your bike they sure do run away. The see human's as a predator. But a guy riding a dirtbike is just some goofy guy riding a dirt bike.

My favorite are grouse, they REALLY don't care. In fact I think they stay in the middle of the trail just to piss you off and screw up your rhythm.

My favorite are grouse, they REALLY don't care. In fact I think they stay in the middle of the trail just to piss you off and screw up your rhythm.

Funny story... I was doing a race out of Jordon about 10 years ago, managed to toss my bike off the trail and down a fern covered hills side. Could not get it back up and no one wanted to help mid race. Sat there pissed. Freaking grouse kept running up to me and picking at my boots. I would kick him down the hill and he would run right back. Did this for a good 15 minutes before I made someone help me. :lol: Stupid animals. EZ to get dinner in the Burn if you need it.