Sign in to follow this  

Crf250 2010 revalve!

Hi I am planning to do a slight revalve on the forks and back shock on my 2010 crf250, I am using the bike for enduro and mainly they are working quite well. I feel they are a bit harsh on the small hits and would like to smooth the forks and shock out. I have done a lot of suspension work on the older Crf suspension but was wondering if anybody could give me any pointers to shim stack mods? :lol:

Is it harsh because it's to soft or to hard. Give some info on your weight springs sag etc.

Hi I am running std springs, ride at expert level and weight 14stone. I am sure they are not too soft and run about 100mm sag on rear but not sure how much pre load is on the spring but static sag is about 20mm. I have run the forks flush which makes the fork action feel better but it wont turn as good so I am running them with the caps just through now.

you need to lower the rear , this will give slightly better sag numbers but you need stiffer springs front and rear

those are the showabas. yes the rear should be lowered a bit. the lowering baseplates are the way to go. they're cheap, and work. 2mm is what i would do. lower a bit, but keep the thing turning well. this should help you get the forks back to the standard height.

btw? how much is 14 stone? lol!

i use a 4 mm spacer in the shock. for enduro the sag from ANDREANI is 110-120mm not 100-105 is for the mx use. the stock fork are soft for mx use but good for enduro.i like use a crossover under 5 32x0.10 in the base for help the plushness on little hole,bump and rocks.i think you don t need other mod on this forks for your use,you can lower the level of oil, give you a plush fork over mid travel.310-320cc.you can make this 2 mod very easly.

I would use stiffer springs on both ends as mog said and race sag 100-105mm.

Stock settings are pretty soft so they will work well on enduro use. Oil volume 330-340cc. You shouldn't make any shim changes before you have tested stiffer springs and oil volume.

14 stone is 196 lb or 95 kg defiantly in need of a 5.5 rear spring and 0.46 forks

14 stone is 196 lb or 95 kg defiantly in need of a 5.5 rear spring and 0.46 forks

For a 196 lb rider, I think a 5.6 kg spring would be better.

i've got a 165lb pro on .49's/5.1 and his valving is much stiffer than stock in the forks.

you should be good with the recommended fluid level from an earlier post.

For a 196 lb rider, I think a 5.6 kg spring would be better.

I agree.. Don't wantem to soft, or you'll still feel the harshness your experiencing..

Sounds like the general idea is to go with stiffer springs, I have some springs from an 08, will these springs fit the later forks and shock?? i would like to say that yes when i run at a high speed track ie fast hits then the suspension could handle those hits fine, but 9 times out of 10 i am running in the woods at slower speed and this is where the suspension just feels a bit harsh on the smaller bumps.

Sounds like the general idea is to go with stiffer springs, I have some springs from an 08, will these springs fit the later forks and shock?? i would like to say that yes when i run at a high speed track ie fast hits then the suspension could handle those hits fine, but 9 times out of 10 i am running in the woods at slower speed and this is where the suspension just feels a bit harsh on the smaller bumps.

the free length of the 10 crf 250r's is 460mm i believe. the older showas are 493mm/495mm.

your sag looks fine but the forks must be soft, I run 0.45 in my rmz and I weigh 155 or 68kg

I will sort out some fork springs, does anybody have any recommendations for oil, make and weight for the forks and shock, i have tested quite a few different makes and was going to go with Motul 5wt?

i used a 2mm lowering spacer on the .49's/5.1kg bike. we tested this weekend. the bike is valved very stiff in both mid/base areas. now, not that many do this; we've got two freestyle ramps at the track. one is 77ft, they go ride the track during their practice, then hit the ramps between sessions.

anyway, the bike worked very well in the turns, jumps, chop, and the large fmx ramps. the radically stiffer fork springs help out this chasis design. you may want to consider stiffer fork springs than recommended, and tune the valving according to your application.

motul is a good product. i have been using the maxima oils in the shock 3.5wt red bottle, and maxima 5wt blue bottle in the forks. i also use the kyb fork/shock oils. both have worked well for my riders. the maxima is less expensive.

• Like 1

Mark how stiffer mid do u run have u tried running a bleed stack under the base valve.