Sign in to follow this  

North Carolina DRZ Rider's Thread

Ive noticed more and more NC riders here so I thought I'd start a new thread for us to share ride reports and places to ride. The Aussies have their own thread so why not us Tarheels? Tried this before but it never caught on in the Dual Sport specific forum.

I'm in the Goldsboro/Kenly area and have a 2011 DRZ S model. Got it in March and have over 8400 miles on her so far.:lol:

Where are you from and what model are you riding?

I'm in Fuquay Varina just south of Raleigh and just picked up an '05 DRZ400S yesterday afternoon. Just put gas in it for the first time this morning and have only ridden it a total of about 15 miles so far. Supposed to reach almost 70 here today so I think I'll take the bike out some locally (until I trust it better) and putt around on it some to get a feel for it. :lol:

I'm stationed in Jacksonville, originally from upstate NY. I ride an 08 SM. Pretty reluctant to take mine off road.

I've got a 400e in the Swift Creek area behind Crossroads in Raleigh. Not very far from you Shag67. PM me if you want to ride some singletrack sometime. Riding tonight actually if you want to go.

Dave

This could turn out to be a popular thread. I know of two other DRZ in my 'hood just like mine, then there's Kevin at Wicked Thunder, Josh, plenty of people in my area with them.

Ahhh what the heck. I've been reading this board for 6 months and said nothing but read everything. I'm from Hickory with a '05 SM in black.

back and forth between Raleigh/chapel hill, '01 blue 400s and my brother is in Chapel Hill with an 01 400s flat black with monster stickers. both of us try to ride frequently... when our bikes dont need work on

drz400sm in north raleigh. two of em :)

Hey, I used to live out your way before moving to Fuquay. I lived in a neighborhood over off of Durant Road. Got SICK of the traffic after a while, though and that was one of the main reasons for moving. :lol:

A little mishap from this morning at Busco Beach :lol::)

Click to the crash.

th_DRZatBusco010.jpg

I live in Wilmington, had my 09 SM for about a month now.

Wilmington here also.

I am a headlight and a mirror away from completion of my build....07 DRZ400S

OBX and Fayetteville with my S to SM hybrid Z......

Wilmington here also.

I am a headlight and a mirror away from completion of my build....07 DRZ400S

I'm not far from Wilmington, the three of us should set something up.

A little mishap from this morning at Busco Beach :lol::)

Click to the crash.

It happens. You ok? :banghead: