Sign in to follow this  

Beta 520RS vs Husqvarna TE511

:lol:

" I just really dont know what to say about it right now" :banghead:

I wish they would retest w/ better tires on the Husky for a better comparison. But the bikes are as bought by the public. So who wants to drop another couple hundie to change out brand new tires.

I cantell you that the compIII's are no bargain on the road or in the dirt after they are half worn.

I bought a new tire yesterday for the rear. 950 miles on bike! :)

Horrible review. Useless, actually. Not the Desert again! Where are the trails - what these bikes were made for. To make it fair, you need to put the same tires on both bikes and test them in varied trail riding conditions. Who cares about stock tires... You really need to ride both bikes with your preferred tire type in the conditions YOU like to ride to know for yourself. There is so much more these bikes can do NOT in the desert. I feel they missed the whole point. JC does much better reviews than this. Seriously, if you are going to do a review and produce a video, might as well spend an extra day on it and do it right.

A friend and I here on TT swapped rides two weekends ago with his new TE511 and my older Beta 450. In 10 minutes on trails we could report more detail than this and we are not pros by any means. If you are further confused by these two videos, do yourself a favor and figure out how to go demo either of these bikes before you buy one. I feel they did not represent either of the bikes very well and have no clue what to say or report.

They need to redo this test with proper tires and proper reviewers who have more detail (experience or more passion) to share about "how" the bikes ride and feel in certain conditions like woods trails, mud, hills, turns, bumps, jumps - ya know, dirt bike stuff. :lol:

Edited by decooney

Horrible review. Useless, actually. Not the Desert again! Where are the trails - what these bikes were made for. To make it fair, you need to put the same tires on both bikes and test them in varied trail riding conditions. Who cares about stock tires... You really need to ride both bikes with your preferred tire type in the conditions YOU like to ride to know for yourself. There is so much more these bikes can do NOT in the desert. I feel they missed the whole point.

A friend and I here on TT swapped rides two weekends ago with his new TE511 and my older Beta 450. In 10 minutes on trails we could report more detail than this and we are not pros by any means. If you are further confused by these two videos, do yourself a favor and figure out how to go demo either of these bikes before you buy one. I feel they did not represent either of the bikes very well and have no clue what to say or report.

They need to redo this test with proper tires and proper reviewers who have more detail to share about "how" the bikes ride and feel in certain conditions like woods trails, mud, hills, turns, bumps, jumps - ya know, dirt bike stuff. :lol:

Exactly.

The Beta wins the shootout in my book due primarily to being 15 lbs lighter and having a wide ratio 6 speed tranny.

The Beta wins the shootout in my book due primarily to being 15 lbs lighter and having a wide ratio 6 speed tranny.

You would think a couple of experienced reviewers would bring up these types of details in their review depending on what sort of riding you are doing. They don't even comment on the feel of the EFI on the Husky vs. the finely tuned carbs on the Betas, and no comments about handling - what about "handling", and tractability, low center of gravity feel - you know..., what the Beta is known for. And, the Husky has its own feel, straight line tractability, smooth on the road too, nice torque, etc. Okay, I'll shut up now. Lame review.

I think it just has to do with where these guys are from. That's where they play, and I think it looks pretty fun :lol:.

I still agree though. They didn't do a decent job reviewing the bikes, and who cares about stock tires? Put identical tires on both of them to get a better feel. The tires ruined the test, and swayed their opinions. I say they still would have liked the Beta though.

When they start getting complaints about needing a do-over, they can always have JC Hilderbrand / their Off-Road Editor of Motorcycle USA do a proper review in the woods of southern Oregon. He does a decent job.

That was a waste of 4 mins. Glad I didn't read the article. It looked like home movies of two fat guys out riding in the desert.

Two thumbs down.