Just watched the japanese mx natl's..wow

I dunno if it was the camera work or if they are really that far off the pace of the ama natl's but holy cow it was like watching the B class at your local track...from what i got from it any of our top 30 guys could go over there and compete if not win...i was just surprised by it really, maybe its just me but watching this makes me realize just how good our guys really are ??

Did anyone else notice this? heres a link

http://motocrossactionmag.com/Main/News/SEE-IT-NOW-HOW-AKIRA-NARITA-WON-THE-2011-ALLJAPAN-8439.aspx

There's a reason why Kyle Lewis went over to Japan and won the Japanese national championship when he was hard pressed to break the top 20 in the US.

Granted, there are some very good Japanese riders, Narita raced in the US for a little while and did alright.

There's a reason why Kyle Lewis went over to Japan and won the Japanese national championship when he was hard pressed to break the top 20 in the US.

Granted, there are some very good Japanese riders, Narita raced in the US for a little while and did alright.

kyle lewis hard pressed to break the top 20?!?! are you kidding me!!!! he finished 4th in the points in 2001(i think 2001)...podiumed a few times. granted the last couple years he was a little slower, but he was still a 10-14th guy..

Even though they've made the bikes for years, motocross it seems, is relatively new in Japan as a professional sport. I've seen some Japanese enduro videos that looked more like the Keystone Cops than a bike race too.

They've turned out some really good (and a couple of great) road racers through the years, so it's probably a matter of time before they get better on the dirt too.