I cant find black wheels anywhere

+1 on the DNA choice. I bought a set for my son 14 months ago....they are still straight as an arrow after many races....and spills

Are they really that great? I might buy a pair, but not sure about durability(quality).

I'm extremely happy with them. Sure, they are a little heavier than stock, but at my sons level B/C rider...he's not going to notice the difference. The spokes are definitely beefier than stock, which I like.

In fact, to give you an idea. My son was doing a triple/triple rhythm section, came up short, and swapped out pretty bad. He stayed on the gas, but couldn't come out of it and went down pretty hard on the high side. The last swap, before he was ejected was literally at 90 degrees. When I pushed the bike off the track the back wheel was wobbling pretty bad (wish I had it on video). I thought the rim was toast. As we got back to the trailer, I noticed it was the tire that actually came off the bead, and it appeared that mulch and dirt got packed down inside, between the rim and tire bead. I took it home, removed the tire, cleaned it out, remounted the tire and the damn thing is straight as it was the day we got it. That sold me.

If I could say one bad thing about them...the spacers are pretty cheap. But, they work fine. Well worth the money if you're on a budget and want some bling wheels. If you got money to burn, get something else.

• 5 weeks later...

I'm glad I saw this. I was about to drop over $700 to have the dealer just change out the factory rims on my 2012 to gold excels. This seems like a pretty awesome deal. Anyone else have any opinions on this setup? Thanks!:bonk:

If you buy the DNA wheels you can either have a set of spare wheels or sell your stock wheels. You could probably get 400-500 for a pair of new OEM wheels.

Ya know... I never thought of that. Hmmm (the wheels in this old mind start to turn) :bonk:

Heres what you need. I got black wheels and blue hubs put together and trued readdy to ride for $300 each.. http://www.radmfg.com/Default.asp

You can't beat these Rad wheels. I put a set on my sons 08 two years ago and still in great shape for a "A" class offroader... shipped put together and true... all you have to do is slid the axle through...