Sign in to follow this  

smokey money

Hey all,

seeing how you guys tell me CR250s and KX250 are pretty much worthless bikes, I ask WHY??

they dont make CR 250s or KX 250s any more to me on that fact I would think they would have some value.

Now when it comes to the old 250R quad or 350 banshee which they dont make any more they are worth some $$cash WHYY?? what makes them so great??

the thing i seen people pay $10,000+ for is the odyssey pilot

dont get get me wrong it be sweet to have one but not at that price

I mean they're OLD :lol:

I dont see anyone around here buying odysseys for 10,000, there was one for sale a couple miles from that was on ebay that sold for around 2200. The 250r's hold their value because up until 2004 when the 450 quads came out they were the only race quads, so if you had a stock one it was worth big money. No they are not worth as much but you can still get some ok money for one in good condition.

Do some price shopping. 125/250 2 strokes have quite a good value right now. Used 250f's, not so much.

Hey all,

seeing how you guys tell me CR250s and KX250 are pretty much worthless bikes, I ask WHY??

they dont make CR 250s or KX 250s any more to me on that fact I would think they would have some value.

Now when it comes to the old 250R quad or 350 banshee which they dont make any more they are worth some $$cash WHYY?? what makes them so great??

the thing i seen people pay $10,000+ for is the odyssey pilot

dont get get me wrong it be sweet to have one but not at that price

I mean they're OLD :lol:

None of what you wrote is accurate or true, so how do you expect a response....

Yea wth? And the reason many two stoke mx bikes sell for cheap is because there's a freakin bagillion of them and the majority have lived hard lives.

I saw a 1989 CR250 guy was asking $600 bucks

and couple months later I saw a 1989 250R quad a guy was asking $3,000bucks

Yea wth? And the reason many two stoke mx bikes sell for cheap is because there's a freakin bagillion of them and the majority have lived hard lives.

I think quads live the hardest life cause people take them in the sand

and sand gets in everything.

quads are worth more because there is more there... thats what my dealer told me when i asked him how much for a used (i think) 98 blaster (he wanted 18 for it...) i walked away immediatley and so did my want for a quad.

don't get me wrong quads are great for certain things (towing me out of the sinkholes and creekbeds i get stuck in trail blazing and trail work. but really other than that i don't see a great need for one just be nice for a friend who's not as good on two wheels have something to ride with us at our pace...

the worst part anout being a quad rider is having to tell your parents your gay :lol:
Says the kid from Canada :)

The reason atv 250r's sell for so much is because they are becoming very rare since they were all either beat to crap or parted out. People will pay a lot for an unmolested one because it was such a nice machine.

On the other hand, like already said, I could find a ton of cr250's for sale on craigslist within 25 miles of me...

Supply and demand...

I saw a 1989 CR250 guy was asking $600 bucks

and couple months later I saw a 1989 250R quad a guy was asking $3,000bucks.

Asking and getting are two totally different things. Guy probably sold the CR, other guy probably still has the quad.

Can't base market value on what you see on Craigslist. I see stuff on there for ridiculous prices all the time. Pretty much just people trolling for a sucker.

I dont see anyone around here buying odysseys for 10,000, there was one for sale a couple miles from that was on ebay that sold for around 2200. The 250r's hold their value because up until 2004 when the 450 quads came out they were the only race quads, so if you had a stock one it was worth big money. No they are not worth as much but you can still get some ok money for one in good condition.

if a 400cc Odyssey Pilot sold for $2200 it was a deal of a life time

the one i saw sell looked brand new