Sign in to follow this  

03 sherco on the way!

I'm possibly picking up a 2003 sherco 290 today. The owner is driving thru the area and is bringing the bike with him. We already have a deal worked out if everything is good.

I ride offroad and moto in the vet/sen class.

I'm looking for a training tool to improve my bike handling and technical skills.

Anything I should look out for?

I'll be posting up future questions I'm sure.

Any good dealers in the Los Angeles area? Or good internet sales? I'm gonna need a manual for sure...

Cool, I just grabbed an old Beta to do the same thing. Who knows, maybee I will try an event!

Let us know how you made out and pics!

Here is our logal club's web site www.socaltrials.com

There are links on there for dealers.

We have a trials next Sunday, it would great to come check it out.

Nothing beyond the usual to check out Sherco.

Have fun with it!

I bought it. it's in decent condition for the year. i havent really gone over it, it's my kids b-day. I'll get some pics of it tomorrow....

thanks for the link.

it needs a front and rear fender for sure...

I bought it. it's in decent condition for the year. i havent really gone over it, it's my kids b-day. I'll get some pics of it tomorrow....

thanks for the link.

it needs a front and rear fender for sure...

My rear fender is ty wrapped together as well. I was told to leave it as is because you WILL break the new one too. good advise I am thinking. Unless you want a perfect bike! :lol:

Congrats on your new bike and your kids B-day!

Hey wait a minute = your buying yourslef a bike on your kids b-day? :)

Oh the shame!

lol I have no shame.... actually she had a very nice b day. experience of a lifetime feeding giraffes and rhinos at the wild animal park.

Well I took the bike out today for my 1st trials ride. Very cool. It took me a while to relax and trust the bike but it was worth it. I found an area that I could practice my turns, drop offs, wheelies and rock crawling in. I did some exploring and even checked out a little moto loop that I havent ben to in a long time. The bike handled it all. I've got some questions but I'll start a seperate thread for that.