RAM Mount Cup Holder Review

First, mods, if this is in the wrong place, please move.

Guys, some time ago I had questions about a cup holder for my DRZ-400s which I right now ride mostly on the street for lack of a place to ride and more importantly, someone to ride with ?

Also, before I start, I should mention that the intention is NOT to drink while I drive but simply to be able to stop somewhere and get something to drink and be able to transport it, ESPECIALLY something that can not be closed and put in the top box. Ie, a cup with lid from a drive through or something.

I had a choice of this one or this one (liquid caddy) but chose the RAM Mount. The reason was that although twice the price, I can in the future use the mount for other things if I should want to and I haven't regretted the decision.

It seems very strong and swivels and moves with the bike and I have even been off road without my cup falling off.

The ONLY thing I don't like about it is that if you have it on and NO cup in it, it rattles a bit when you drive.

Also, the lids tend to fly off if you go to fast. I tried a short bungee cord as there are two hooks on the holder but there's nothing on the cup itself to keep it from sliding off so I'll have to pimp something. Maybe attach the bungee cords to a washer that slides over the straw or something. Hmm...

When mounting it, don't mount the holder too close to the mount or you will not have room for it to move with the bike. Raise it up a little so it kinda stands more straight out to allow it to move. See the pics..

The first one with the cup shows how it's mounted, NOT allowing the cup to swing and the other two as you can see has a different angle.

This thing holds just about any size cups and comes with the foam insert to allow smaller things and of course insulate. For those that get upset

about things, note that the beer is NON ALCOHOLIC.

Also, it came with little rubber covers for the bolts, to keep them from rusting but I didn't have enough bolt showing to be able to put them on.

Kudos to them for this though.

Cupholder-for-DRZDSC00711_resize.JPG

Cupholder-for-DRZDSC00712_resize.JPG

Cupholder-for-DRZDSC00713_resize.JPG

Cupholder-for-DRZDSC00714_resize.JPG

Cupholder-for-DRZDSC00715_resize.JPG

Cupholder-for-DRZDSC00716_resize.JPG

Cupholder-for-DRZDSC00717_resize.JPG

Cupholder-for-DRZDSC00718_resize.JPG

Cupholder-for-DRZDSC00719_resize.JPG

Cupholder-for-DRZDSC00720_resize.JPG

Cupholder-for-DRZDSC00721_resize.JPG

Cupholder-for-DRZDSC00722_resize.JPG

Cupholder-for-DRZDSC00723_resize.JPG

Cupholder-for-DRZDSC00724_resize.JPG

Comments or questions? ?

George

Edited by guiri

Zoidberg, I highly recommend it ?

jtiv, I actually drink it 'cause I LIKE THE FLAVOR :banghead:

Anyone here find NON alcoholic beer in mini kegs, for gods sake, let me know. I want one so bad but they don't do them in near beer ?