Sign in to follow this  

Day after Turkey Day ride (Apache Trail route)

Just wanted to share the pics I was able to take on my ride. Weather was chilly, but not too bad. Rained most of the night and early morning... but let up by the time I had hit the trail. So awesome out! Rain in Arizona brings out a whole new beauty sometimes!

Fridayafterturkeydayride053.jpg

Fridayafterturkeydayride052.jpg

Fridayafterturkeydayride051.jpg

Fridayafterturkeydayride050.jpg

Fridayafterturkeydayride049.jpg

Fridayafterturkeydayride048.jpg

Fridayafterturkeydayride047.jpg

Fridayafterturkeydayride046.jpg

Fridayafterturkeydayride044.jpg

Fridayafterturkeydayride043.jpg

Fridayafterturkeydayride042.jpg

Fridayafterturkeydayride039.jpg

Fridayafterturkeydayride038.jpg

Fridayafterturkeydayride037.jpg

Fridayafterturkeydayride036.jpg

Fridayafterturkeydayride035.jpg

Fridayafterturkeydayride034.jpg

• Like 1

awesome pics!!!

glad you were able to get out and ride. looks like a blast..thanks for sharing

Nice, thanks. What dam is that and what's up with the big door with the go no farther sign?

looks like an old railroad line. and they either had trouble with no-gooders in the tunnel/cave-in/don't maintain the trail any further.

i can also say it gets better there. after a day or two when it rains all the cacti bloom with red flowers and often there is a carpet of violet flowers covering the desert floor.

i loved AZ when i lived there. thanks for the pics. :lol:

Nice, thanks. What dam is that and what's up with the big door with the go no farther sign?

It's our Roosevelt Lake Dam. Salt River Project owns (well, I guess the state does) this and where much of our state gets power.

The massive door is when they excevated out the mountain side there to get around the old dam when they closed it down for rebuilding/adding on to the new dam which you see now. Big tunnel, closed off and sealed up now.

Aliens are also kept in there. :lol:

looks like an old railroad line. and they either had trouble with no-gooders in the tunnel/cave-in/don't maintain the trail any further.

i can also say it gets better there. after a day or two when it rains all the cacti bloom with red flowers and often there is a carpet of violet flowers covering the desert floor.

i loved AZ when i lived there. thanks for the pics. :)

Nice pics. We're headed to northern Arizona/southern Utah next year and your report makes me want to re-route. What tires are you running.

Nice pics. We're headed to northern Arizona/southern Utah next year and your report makes me want to re-route. What tires are you running.

Running Shinko 244's

4.60 front and 5.10 rear

Street running 25psi up front and 29psi rear

Off road (with what little off road riding experience) 18psi front and 17psi rear

Super shots and beautiful country. What's the story on some of the cliffs where it looks like black drool on the face?

Over thousands of years, certain minerals and biologial impurities stained the rock areas and faces after rain storms. So, for as long as it has been going on... the staining continues.

Nice set up!

I am due for new tires on my SM and would like to do some firebreaks riding.

How do you like the Shinko tires?

awesome pics and sick scenery, great for riding endlessly. One day ill be out west riding. sooner then later